Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > MRTG (SNMP) through a PIX

MRTG (SNMP) through a PIX

Brian P.

Hi

I have big problems trying to get SNMP info through a PIX firewall.

At our LAN segment, I have setup a Linux/MRTG PC, which I want to read info
from our Internet router,
placed at the external interface of our PIX:
When I try to connect to the router from the MRTG PC, I got nothing.
I have no problems getting info from switches etc., as long as they are
placed at
the same network as the MRTG PC.

What am I doing wrong ?

Megane

snmp-server host inside 192.168.15.208 poll

"Brian P." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns96AD893B53854nospamthankscom@208.49.80.188 ...
> Hi
>
> I have big problems trying to get SNMP info through a PIX firewall.
>
> At our LAN segment, I have setup a Linux/MRTG PC, which I want to read
> info
> from our Internet router,
> placed at the external interface of our PIX:
> When I try to connect to the router from the MRTG PC, I got nothing.
> I have no problems getting info from switches etc., as long as they are
> placed at
> the same network as the MRTG PC.
>
> What am I doing wrong ?

Megane

access-list outbound permit tcp host 192.168.15.208 any
snmp-server host inside 192.168.15.208 poll

sorry forgot one-line

where 192.168.15.208 is your inside MRTG PC

"Brian P." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns96AD893B53854nospamthankscom@208.49.80.188 ...
> Hi
>
> I have big problems trying to get SNMP info through a PIX firewall.
>
> At our LAN segment, I have setup a Linux/MRTG PC, which I want to read
> info
> from our Internet router,
> placed at the external interface of our PIX:
> When I try to connect to the router from the MRTG PC, I got nothing.
> I have no problems getting info from switches etc., as long as they are
> placed at
> the same network as the MRTG PC.
>
> What am I doing wrong ?

Wil

I would suspect that you have permitted the inside IP address to poll,
but the PIX is translating it to a public IP address. If possible, map
your graphing server to an open IP address and allow this in your list.

Wil
my 3

MRTG and PIX RC Cisco 4 12-02-2006 06:06 PM
Cisco 515e PIX + MRTG charleh Cisco 2 03-09-2005 05:02 PM
MRTG PIX Fredrik Cisco 1 12-14-2004 08:28 AM
PIX and MRTG Binand Sethumadhavan Cisco 2 11-07-2004 04:19 PM
PIX + MRTG mcaissie Cisco 5 02-22-2004 09:12 AM

Advertisments