Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Norton AntiVirus 2007 for Vista beta

Norton AntiVirus 2007 for Vista beta

- Bobb -

Anyone beta testing this ? In the past 10 days I've gotten 2 emails
(beta releases) about it from Symantec. The second email told me to do
a fresh install /restore my PC to a point prior to the install of their
FIRST beta install. Luckily I hadn't yet installed the first one.
My question: is this typical with Symantec ? Do they expect me to wipe
my PC with each release ? That seems a bit much and if it's "normal" to
do a fresh install each week I guess I'll not install the new release
either.

Bobb

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Travis

Symantec is just another money greedy company charging for viral
protection on what should all be free. Get something good, like Avast,
AVG Free. AVG is good for Windows Vista, not sure about Avast.