Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > flash drive problem

flash drive problem

Warren Thai

I was using my flashdrive at uni and the hardware safe removal function was
disabled leaving my to just pulling the flash drive out. unfortunately for
me (and my week of bad luck) when i plugged my flash drive into another
computer, it tells me i have to format the disk (which i havent done yet).
anyone know how to fix this problem? i really dont want to format my
flashdrive as it contains many items of use to me. I suspect it has
something to do with what the computer does to the flash drive when you
execute the safe removal, maybe similar to finalising a cd. any one can help
me please?

Alex Clayton

"Warren Thai" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I was using my flashdrive at uni and the hardware safe removal function was
> disabled leaving my to just pulling the flash drive out. unfortunately for
> me (and my week of bad luck) when i plugged my flash drive into another
> computer, it tells me i have to format the disk (which i havent done yet).
> anyone know how to fix this problem? i really dont want to format my
> flashdrive as it contains many items of use to me. I suspect it has
> something to do with what the computer does to the flash drive when you
> execute the safe removal, maybe similar to finalising a cd. any one can
> help
> me please?

Did you try plugging it back into the first computer and see if that one
will let you get the info off it you need?
Moderation is for monks."

[Lazarus Long]

Bob

Warren Thai wrote:
> I was using my flashdrive at uni and the hardware safe removal function was
> disabled leaving my to just pulling the flash drive out.

I do that quite often without problem. Watch the led cycle on/off and
always pull it during a off cycle - never while it's on.

Bob