Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Tiger Direct took back item, will not refund my money

Tiger Direct took back item, will not refund my money

buggirlx@gmail.com

Never under any circumstances buy anything from Tiger Direct.

I bought a memory card for a phone, that was stolen later in the week,
at my doctor's office at Kaiser, and I called them and tried to
cancelled, but it was already shipped. The UPS left it without any
slip. I went to Fed Ex and returned the item, and Tiger Direct signed
for the item on Monday, September 25, 2006 But, they refuse to give me
a refund. I have called them and emailed them several times, and they
claim they will refund my pal pay account, but that have not done so.

045799338185888 this fed ex tracking number with delivery confirmation
proves they have signed for the item. Each time I call them, they say,
it will take a few days. They have the item, yet they refuse to refund
my money. The item was never opened from it's package, and was very
used, and is still in the plastic container, making it fully salable.

22224792 return authorization code

Order Number
I5851952

So, now I am trying to get Pay Pal to do something about, because
sometimes Tiger Direct claims they will refund my Pay Pal account, and
other times they say, they are giving me a store credit, but I already
told them I would never buy anything from Tiger Direct under any
circumstances, and I wanted a refund. I should have just gotten the
refund, without having to pursuit them like this. My friend was telling
me on the phone that the computer prices are really great, but they are
not worth dealing with. The phone support was extremely rude, as well.
The email support receives no replies what so ever.

I can see from what other people have posted this happens all the time.
They do not seem to care what people think of them either. Stick with
New Egg, and you will get perfect service every time.

Robert Baer

> Never under any circumstances buy anything from Tiger Direct.
>
> I bought a memory card for a phone, that was stolen later in the week,
> at my doctor's office at Kaiser, and I called them and tried to
> cancelled, but it was already shipped. The UPS left it without any
> slip. I went to Fed Ex and returned the item, and Tiger Direct signed
> for the item on Monday, September 25, 2006 But, they refuse to give me
> a refund. I have called them and emailed them several times, and they
> claim they will refund my pal pay account, but that have not done so.
>
> 045799338185888 this fed ex tracking number with delivery confirmation
> proves they have signed for the item. Each time I call them, they say,
> it will take a few days. They have the item, yet they refuse to refund
> my money. The item was never opened from it's package, and was very
> used, and is still in the plastic container, making it fully salable.
>
> 22224792 return authorization code
>
> Order Number
> I5851952
>
> So, now I am trying to get Pay Pal to do something about, because
> sometimes Tiger Direct claims they will refund my Pay Pal account, and
> other times they say, they are giving me a store credit, but I already
> told them I would never buy anything from Tiger Direct under any
> circumstances, and I wanted a refund. I should have just gotten the
> refund, without having to pursuit them like this. My friend was telling
> me on the phone that the computer prices are really great, but they are
> not worth dealing with. The phone support was extremely rude, as well.
> The email support receives no replies what so ever.
>
> I can see from what other people have posted this happens all the time.
> They do not seem to care what people think of them either. Stick with
> New Egg, and you will get perfect service every time.

Sue them in small claims court.

Brian

My job is shipping returns at the company I work for. Considering the
information you have and have provided to Tiger Direct, your refund should
be forthcoming. I know that it does take some time for the refund to be
processed from the time it is initially posted to the time it arrives at the
customers account. I am not defending Tiger but I know from experience that
it takes up to a month for refunds to get back to the customer...its a
banking thing...I would give them at least that much time to make things
right before demanding that something be done.
It is also possible with the number of items that are shipped, that your
package has not been processed yet. Not that I agree with that philosophy
either, but it does happen sometimes (the reason I have this job is because
the last guy had that philosophy) See if you can talk with their shipping
department, directly with the person that signed for the package if
possible. Most people want to do the right thing but sometimes get caught up
in thier day to day job that they forget what the real job is..the
customer...
You are more likely to get your desired result by treating the people with
kindness than if you were derrogotory. Also check their policy on returns
and make sure you have a leg to stand on. Some companies require an RMA or
charge a restock fee etc. Check the policy, make sure you know what they
expect to do not what you want them to do.
After all is said and done. If they offer you a store credit and will not
budge, take it and buy something you need or want and be done with it. Don't
let this issue eat at you forever. I'm not sure how much the sale was but
memory cards are not that expensive and the amount you will pay in the long
run outweighs the satisfaction you will get from sueing a company like Tiger
Direct. The only positive way to make a company like that come to their
senses is to stop buying from them, eventually they will change their ways
or be out of business for lack of customers. You are the consumer, you have
the power and companies know that, otherwise advetising would not be such a
big business
I hope you get your desired result but be willing to bend some to get out of
a bad situation before it gets worse. I pass on this information from
experience. I have been there and the longer the fight the less likely you
are to win or to come out ahead. Take the paypal route as a last resort,
another difficult avenue to pursue and not likely to provide satisfaction.
If you had paid with a credit card that would be the best option because
they can reverse the charges until the dispute is resolved.
In short (already too late for that)
Be informed
Be nice
Take what you can get
Move on and tell your story to prevent others from becoming victims
and yes use NewEgg, they have the right attitude

Brian

Ruth

"Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message:
<it takes up to a month for refunds to get back to the customer...its a
banking thing...>

It never ceases to amaze me that a company can transfer money out of my
account instantaneously, but claim it takes 30-60 days to return those same
funds. This is not a "banking" thing, it is inefficiency at best; greed and
terrible customer service at worst. No offense meant to you, Brian, but
this is BS.

I have found in the past that talking mentioning the Federal Banking
Commission often gets desired results, if the funds were transferred from a
bank account. Don't know what to tell you about a paypal transaction,
though.

Ruth

Alex Clayton

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> Never under any circumstances buy anything from Tiger Direct.

<snip>
> New Egg, and you will get perfect service every time.

The "moral" to this story is not who you deal with, it's how you pay. NEVER
buy anything mail order or on line that you do not pay for with a Credit
Card. If you do, and they try to screw you, the bank will just take the
money back and give it to you, assuming you live in the USA. Now you don't
say how long this has been going on. If it has been several weeks since they
got it back, then that's too long. If it was me I would file a claim with
the bank, and the next day you would have the money back.
Interesting you mention New Egg. They are the last one I had to do a
charge back on. I had not since the days of the old phone Co monopoly seen
the kind of blatant "screw you we don't care" attitude towards a customer.
Long story but that was what they "tried" to tell me. I gave up, called the
Bank, and presto, I had my money back and they were left to do as they wish.
I will never buy anything from them again.
Moderation is for monks."

[Lazarus Long]

russell

I've never had any trouble with Tiger Direct. They seem to be a first class
co. in Miami, Fl. I will admit tho', I never returned anything. I think
there are similiar problems with most companies on returned items. They
just don't give it the same priority as sales!
Russ

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> [...]
> big business
> I hope you get your desired result but be willing to bend some to get out
> of
> a bad situation before it gets worse. I pass on this information from
> experience. I have been there and the longer the fight the less likely you
> are to win or to come out ahead. Take the paypal route as a last resort,
> another difficult avenue to pursue and not likely to provide satisfaction.
> If you had paid with a credit card that would be the best option because
> they can reverse the charges until the dispute is resolved.
> In short (already too late for that)
> Be informed
> Be nice
> Take what you can get
> Move on and tell your story to prevent others from becoming victims
> and yes use NewEgg, they have the right attitude

JTJersey

On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 20:30:46 -0700, buggirlx wrote:

> Never under any circumstances buy anything from Tiger Direct.

Man oh man! First NewEgg, now Tiger Direct. What is this,
alt.computer.distributers.badmouth? I've been dealing with both those
outfits for years and have never run into problems like I'm hearing. ****
happens. You had a $52.98 transaction that didn't go the way you
hoped and you spend an hour writing a disertation like you were going to
the Supreme Court. I'd also suggest not putting so much detail into
things like this. You never who is reading it.

grappletech

> I am not defending Tiger but I know from experience that it takes up to a
> month for refunds to get back to the customer...its a banking thing...

I used to work at this place. A salesman spent (wasted) 2 hours working
with this guy to get him what he wanted. 2 days later, the idiot returns
wanting to return everything he had bought 2 days earlier. So we process
the return and put a FULL refund into our system for 100% of the monies he
paid us (we didn't even charge a restocking fee) and told him it'd be a few
days for corporate to cut him a refund check and then they'd mail it. This
idiot blows a fuse, starts screaming obscenities at everybody. The manager
told him to leave. He refused. 911 was called. Next day, he calls, says
he talked to an attorney (yeah right) and demands that we pay the NSF fees
that his bank will charge him due to his not having enough money in his
account to cover 4 checks because we didn't refund his money the day
before! So he spent money he didn't have on our products. He called every
3 hours to check on the status of his refund. F___ing pyscho. We put a
rush on his refund to get this bastard out of our hair.

Robert Baer

Brian wrote:
> [...]
> big business
> I hope you get your desired result but be willing to bend some to get out of
> a bad situation before it gets worse. I pass on this information from
> experience. I have been there and the longer the fight the less likely you
> are to win or to come out ahead. Take the paypal route as a last resort,
> another difficult avenue to pursue and not likely to provide satisfaction.
> If you had paid with a credit card that would be the best option because
> they can reverse the charges until the dispute is resolved.
> In short (already too late for that)
> Be informed
> Be nice
> Take what you can get
> Move on and tell your story to prevent others from becoming victims
> and yes use NewEgg, they have the right attitude

If one sues in small claims court and wins, the other party must pay
court costs on top of the judgement. And if collection is necessary,
then those costs are also added.

Robert Baer

Ruth wrote:

> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message:
> <it takes up to a month for refunds to get back to the customer...its a
> banking thing...>
>
> It never ceases to amaze me that a company can transfer money out of my
> account instantaneously, but claim it takes 30-60 days to return those same
> funds. This is not a "banking" thing, it is inefficiency at best; greed and
> terrible customer service at worst. No offense meant to you, Brian, but
> this is BS.
>
> I have found in the past that talking mentioning the Federal Banking
> Commission often gets desired results, if the funds were transferred from a
> bank account. Don't know what to tell you about a paypal transaction,
> though.
>
> Ruth

It seems that "PayPal" acts just like a bank, but is not considered a
bank, that it is outside all banking rules and regulations.
They are greedy for money like e-bay and if they manage to "F" the
customer in the collection, they are happy.