Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Need Computer Help?

Need Computer Help?

Gary335

PC Dude computer Help and Discussion forums offer professional help for
all your computer problems. Check us out at
http://pcdude.proboards86.com

q_q_anonymous@yahoo.co.uk

Gary335 wrote:
> PC Dude computer Help and Discussion forums offer professional help for
> all your computer problems. Check us out at
> http://pcdude.proboards86.com

That forum - one month old - looks kind of nice - nice content -
though not so relevant to a techie.. I initially suspected it'd be an
interface to usenet , masquerading as an independent help forum. Or
that it'd just have posts pasted from usenet.

But it does have good clear advice, moreso for newbie. You're a
techie(assuming your one of the 2 moderators). I can see from the
forum posts, you're in your twenties. You started over a decade ago
with DOS. I see where you're coming from in terms of experience.

Why don't you contribute to the techie community by keeping things
centralised, e.g. on standard usenet newsgroups that already exist for
the purpose?

You can learn a lot from usenet, as you know. And you give a lot. And
it's all safely and permanently archived, and googlable. It's nice to
have things centralised on usenet.

Apparently there are successful computer help forums, though I don't
use them, for philosophical reasons. They're generally fairly geared
towards users anyway.

Hardware forums are one area where forums have taken off. There are
some established ones. And very specific forums by manufacturers.

Gary335

I appreciate your comments. Always like to hear what people think.

If anyone else is interested, the link is http://pcdude.proboards86.com