Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Desperately seeking driver ....

Desperately seeking driver ....

m.cringle@gmail.com

Me again!

I have been searching high and low for a driver for my graphics card.

I have a Nvidia GeForce4 420 Go 32mb in a Multivision Visage laptop pc
(WinXP).

I have tried Nvidia's own site but they don't provide them?!?!? (yes, i
was shocked too!)

They say I have to approach my laptop's manufacturer but that's quite
difficult .... since they went bust! (funny, their site now has links
to porn & competitors products instead - oh how the mighty fall!)

Has anyone got any ideas about what I can do?

S J Williams

because its an NVidia chipset, they provide an all in one driver available
to download from their website.
It may not list it but it should support it, I myself have had several
Nvidia cards not listed but supported, and have downloaded their all in one
driver for them which has worked.
So I would recommend trying it

Simon

m.cringle@gmail.com

Thanks Simon - I will give it a go!

S J Williams wrote:

> because its an NVidia chipset, they provide an all in one driver available
> to download from their website.
> It may not list it but it should support it, I myself have had several
> Nvidia cards not listed but supported, and have downloaded their all in one
> driver for them which has worked.
> So I would recommend trying it
>
> Simon

m.cringle@gmail.com

I just tried the all-in-one driver but unfortunately it refused to
work. It just gave an error message telling me that my card is not
supported.

Any other ideas?

pen

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I just tried the all-in-one driver but unfortunately it refused to
> work. It just gave an error message telling me that my card is not
> supported.
>
> Any other ideas?

If the NVidia 91.47 driver didn't work I would the go to the DELL site
and try the 440GO driver they have. The 440 is a slightly faster version of
the 420GO. It's certainly worth a try.
http://support.dell.com/support/down...0&fileid=45106

I would also try the 84.63 driver that is listed for GO sets.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_mobile_84.63.html

Plato

> I just tried the all-in-one driver but unfortunately it refused to
> work. It just gave an error message telling me that my card is not
> supported.

All in one driver for what?

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

De Zundappmuts

Have you tried this site?
No?
Well I think you can find your driver here.
I've been used this site already many times.
So try.
http://www.driverzone.com/
http://www.driver.startpagina.nl
From here you can surf till you have found what you need.
Suc6
Janus
<(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Me again!
>
> I have been searching high and low for a driver for my graphics card.
>
> I have a Nvidia GeForce4 420 Go 32mb in a Multivision Visage laptop pc
> (WinXP).
>
> I have tried Nvidia's own site but they don't provide them?!?!? (yes, i
> was shocked too!)
>
> They say I have to approach my laptop's manufacturer but that's quite
> difficult .... since they went bust! (funny, their site now has links
> to porn & competitors products instead - oh how the mighty fall!)
>
> Has anyone got any ideas about what I can do?

FRED

i think you should get one thats closely compatible as possible. now you may
not have all the functions or options but it should be able to withstand
the basic functions of the driver.
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Me again!
>
> I have been searching high and low for a driver for my graphics card.
>
> I have a Nvidia GeForce4 420 Go 32mb in a Multivision Visage laptop pc
> (WinXP).
>
> I have tried Nvidia's own site but they don't provide them?!?!? (yes, i
> was shocked too!)
>
> They say I have to approach my laptop's manufacturer but that's quite
> difficult .... since they went bust! (funny, their site now has links
> to porn & competitors products instead - oh how the mighty fall!)
>
> Has anyone got any ideas about what I can do?

De Zundappmuts

I've look for that driver of you.
I simply have vissit this site:http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce4go.hmtl
and there he is.
The only thing you've got to do is download that driver.