Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Chirpy PC!

Chirpy PC!

jmarsh1000@hotmail.com

Hello. PC is a Research Machines Accelerator P3 866MHz running WinXP &
SP2. Mobo is Fujitsu-Siemens D1170A. And it chirps every 41 seconds.
As it's so regular, is it safe to rule out a HDD problem? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

John Marsh.

jmarsh1000@hotmail.com

Solved! Prepare for hilarity... A smoke detector with a low battery is
chirping! I use earplugs to muffle PC noise; result=confusion. And
relief!

John Marsh.

Stubbo_of_Oz

On 23 Sep 2006 05:41:45 -0700, "(E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Solved! Prepare for hilarity... A smoke detector with a low battery is
>chirping! I use earplugs to muffle PC noise; result=confusion. And
>relief!

That's nothing - I heard of someone who got in a pest controller to
find the chirping insects before finding the low battery in smoke
detector!

--
Stubbo of Oz
Central Coast, NSW, Australia