Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Explore.exe problem

Explore.exe problem

gperry@peoplescom.net

I usually use explore.exe to manage my files/folders. But today while
I was trying to reorganize several hundred files I noticed that it
wouldn't group the files by name (alphabetically.) Nornally I can
toggle the list of files by clicking the "name" bar and the files will
re-alphabetize a-z or z-a. It will swap directions but it will not
regroup the files (the list is alphabetical...to a point... but about
halfway thru the directory the list starts over at one end of the
alphabet or the other. In other words, the list is in 2 parts and not
all files starting with a given letter ar displayed together. Anyone
got any ideas about how to fix this stupid problem. And if I can't
fix explore.exe, does anyone know of a good 3rd-party file manager
(preferably freeware!) Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

GP

PS...some of you might have noticed that I have suddenly appeared on
this newsgroup and have posted a handful of questions lately. I
appreciate all the replies that I have received from my various posts.
I have been trying to get a couple of computers updated and de-bugged
and I just keep running into stuff I have never encountered before so
again I thank all of you for your help.