Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Nero 7 RC1 and bootable iso DVDs

Nero 7 RC1 and bootable iso DVDs

- Bobb -

Nero question: is the write speed a function of Nero or the DVD drive ?
I can't tell if I have flaky media or is it Nero ?
Lots of issues and I could use some help - is it media or Nero ? My
download checksum is OK.

Trying to burn a new Microsoft Vista RC1 DVD and although Nero7 SAYS it
burned OK and verified OK - I get install issues - each different disk
has its own same bad files. I try to upgrade Vista and get a file
error - on DVD #1, xyz.wim is bad and on disk #2 abc.exe is bad etc.
always same files so sure seems like they were bad when written.
Error log shows data error after Vista reports the read error on file
xyz.wim.
I've burned/wasted 9 DVD's.
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Cdrom
Event ID: 7
If it's NOT an iso file, I get no errors in error log.
I just copied 4gb of mp3's to a DVD - that DVD is fine. Error log clean.

The 3gb file is an iso file to make a bootable DVD and I've done this
before with the earlier Microsoft downloads.
On DVD #9 I selected write speed of 1x and while it was burning I could
see on the screen that it was burning at 4x as it does when I use Nero
Express. So if gets a read error the first time I try to use it after
an image burn, does the VERIFY really check the quality of the DVD disk
?
Also - if I put the DVD into another DVD ( readonly) drive in the PC -
it tells me that the contents of the DVD is a readme.txt file ( not
really on the DVD) and when I open it , it states something about "can't
read this UDF... ". I found lots of references to that problem on
google/MS sites but no solution. Wasting my time and could use some
advice.
Thanks
Bobb

- Bobb -

DVD #10 ( the one I was burning as I wrote the previous message)
worked - so maybe selecting x1 DID matter ?? Even though it showed 4x ??
Confused - but at least x86 vista installed OK this time. When it was
done, I thought I'd load the HP version of Nero: Vista told me - 'NERO
is not compatible' - " no known fixes" - so much for that idea.

Bobb

news:(E-Mail Removed)...