Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > video format converter

video format converter

John

Can anyone recommend a freeware video format converter? I'd like to be
able to downsize some clips for downloading from a website. In the
past I have used real producer, but my copy of this stopped working
unfortunately.

I can convert my clips to MP4 using Nero but the minimum size they can
be reduced to is still a little too much, about 8MB.

I have also tried using Windows Movie Maker but that has big issues
and constantly crashes. I think the program is just buggy.

If you can recommend me anything else I'd appreciate it.

Cheers

John

bambam

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 23:58:53 +0100, John wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a freeware video format converter? I'd like to be
> able to downsize some clips for downloading from a website. In the
> past I have used real producer, but my copy of this stopped working
> unfortunately.
>
> I can convert my clips to MP4 using Nero but the minimum size they can
> be reduced to is still a little too much, about 8MB.
>
> I have also tried using Windows Movie Maker but that has big issues
> and constantly crashes. I think the program is just buggy.
>
> If you can recommend me anything else I'd appreciate it.

Hi John, I haven't used this program yet, but it seems to be getting big
raps-

Super

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

If you are interested in freeware, the alt.comp.freeware newsgroup is very
good. The website associated with the group is located here-

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/

I hope this is some help.