Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Hard drive ...need help

Hard drive ...need help

kenv

My hard drive crashed. I can see it in the bios....the comp is very slow
to boot when it is attached as a slave.

It was my c drive. I was going to reload windows after the crash. Windows
saw it as a unformatt4ed unrecognized hard drive. It is also partitioned
and windows could not seee the partitiions. I did not reformat it.

I tried using a live linux cd to see if it coudl see it and nothing.....

Help please...any suggestions?

Mark Mandell

"kenv" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:44fd9885$0$34074$(E-Mail Removed)...
> My hard drive crashed. I can see it in the bios....the comp is very slow
> to boot when it is attached as a slave.
>
> It was my c drive. I was going to reload windows after the crash. Windows
> saw it as a unformatt4ed unrecognized hard drive. It is also partitioned
> and windows could not seee the partitiions. I did not reformat it.
>
> I tried using a live linux cd to see if it coudl see it and nothing.....
>
> Help please...any suggestions?

Did the drive come with a diagnostic hardware utility to check out its
health? If not, these are available at the manufacturer's website but you'd
then need to go to another computer and download from there.

bmoag

Did you do anything at all to change the partitions or to reformat the
drive?
For example if you tried to reinstall XP incorrectly you wiped your hard
drive.
If so the data is for all practical purposes lost.
It is not clear what you mean by "the crash." Was your computer
intermittently freezing, as it will if a hard drive is failing?

xericlo@gmail.com

Check the utilities in the following to recovery your HD, e.g HDD
Regenerator, Hard Drive Mechanic.

http://www.xstudio.ca/pcsupport/syst...mrecovery.html

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/