Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Install External Modem on Serial Port

Install External Modem on Serial Port

Edge

I would like to install an external Best Data modem on a new pc running
XPP SP2 with an Asus P5B Deluxe motherboard. The modem will be used
a back-up since I will be going to DSL. The modem needs a DB 25 serial
connector, but the Asus board has a DB9. Can I use a 9 to 25 pin
adapter to connect between the MB and the modem?

TIA

pen

"Edge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I would like to install an external Best Data modem on a new pc running
> XPP SP2 with an Asus P5B Deluxe motherboard. The modem will be used
> a back-up since I will be going to DSL. The modem needs a DB 25 serial
> connector, but the Asus board has a DB9. Can I use a 9 to 25 pin
> adapter to connect between the MB and the modem?
>
> TIA

Yes no problem.