Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Wireless Networking

Wireless Networking

J.A. Michel

Hi,

I have a Netgear ME103 802.11B wireless access point. I installed it with
my phone, satellite and networking hardware in the basement. Most of the
time, it works OK, but at times it looses the connection.

Popping the PC card in and out of the laptop is enough to get it going
again - but what a pain. I suspect the bad behavior is due to poor signal
strength.

Since I have the access point installed in my structured media enclosure,
I'd rather not move it. (but will if I have to) So, would it be possible to
make a coax to connect on the antenna ports and just move the antennas with
like 20 feet of coax?

TIA,
J.A. Michel