Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > worth updating to IE 7?

worth updating to IE 7?

Chris

I've heard IE 7 is slow... is it? and is it worth updating? or would
it be best to wait until it is not in beta?

Duane Arnold

Chris wrote:
> I've heard IE 7 is slow... is it? and is it worth updating? or would
> it be best to wait until it is not in beta?

Someone want to explain why someone would rush to use beta software? I
never have understood this mentality.

Duane

Timo van Dort

Duane Arnold schreef:
> Someone want to explain why someone would rush to use beta software? I
> never have understood this mentality.

a developer would be very interested in a new version. A lot of
companies have their CRM applications running through the internet
browser

for personal use at home it's better to wait until the new browser is
released.

Plato

Chris wrote:

> I've heard IE 7 is slow... is it? and is it worth updating? or would
> it be best to wait until it is not in beta?

I always install anything Microsoft BETA. That assures me of a perfectly
operating pc as we all know all MS BETA ware is 100% perfectly reliable.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Duane Arnold

Timo van Dort wrote:
> Duane Arnold schreef:
>
>> Someone want to explain why someone would rush to use beta software? I
>> never have understood this mentality.

> a developer would be very interested in a new version. A lot of
> companies have their CRM applications running through the internet
> browser

From a WEB developer standpoint which I do that with .NET solutions, I
understand that and that needs to be done in some cases.

> for personal use at home it's better to wait until the new browser is
> released.

I agree.

Duane

Win16Rules

Chris wrote in message ...
>I've heard IE 7 is slow... is it? and is it worth updating? or would
>it be best to wait until it is not in beta?

I'm still using IE 4 and it works great.

Travis

Depends if you want to or not. I did, it works great, hardly ever crashes
even if it's beta. It's reliable too, phishing filter prevents you from
having your PayPal/eBay account from getting stolen, and even a warning page
where it says if the site is malicious or has malicious content. Plus tabs
very easy to close and create. And a web RSS reader is great.

Security is much better too. My Dell (2.5Ghz, laptop) seems a little, just a
little slow on opening tabs.

And, Internet Explorer 6 is very fast, I wish IE 6 would have rss, tabs, and
privacy featuers like 7.

news:e9LFg.8113$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've heard IE 7 is slow... is it? and is it worth updating? or would
> it be best to wait until it is not in beta?

Updating JTable Atomically - block data changes while updating. news.rcn.com Java 2 12-10-2007 11:49 AM
Worth buying modem router? =?Utf-8?B?QmFkQW5nbGVy?= Wireless Networking 2 07-05-2005 02:33 PM
How much is Bill worth right now? Me_and_you ASP .Net 18 02-12-2005 03:21 AM
Is it worth it? Russ McKenna ASP .Net 5 12-06-2003 06:47 PM
MCSE Cert. Is it still worth it? Dominique Feteau Microsoft Certification 3 11-05-2003 08:43 PM

Advertisments