Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Which brand is best for laptop

Which brand is best for laptop

qqq

For a programmer

For home user - basic

Alex Clayton

"qqq" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> For a programmer
>
> For home user - basic

For a basic home user I like the Toshiba's a lot. Have a couple of them
bought on sale, working great. I will NEVER buy another HP.
--
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin
Franklin

qqq

Alex Clayton wrote:
> "qqq" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> > For a programmer
> >
> > For home user - basic
> >

> For a basic home user I like the Toshiba's a lot.

> Have a couple of them bought on sale, working great.

How long have had them?

> I will NEVER buy another HP.

My programmer friend's HP HD after 2 years has crashed. Fortunately, he
has extended warranty.

> --
> Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin
> Franklin

Alex Clayton

"qqq" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...

> Alex Clayton wrote:
>> "qqq" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> > For a programmer
>> >
>> > For home user - basic
>> >

>> For a basic home user I like the Toshiba's a lot.

>> Have a couple of them bought on sale, working great.

> How long have had them?
>
>> I will NEVER buy another HP.

> My programmer friend's HP HD after 2 years has crashed. Fortunately, he
> has extended warranty.

The two I am currently using are about 1 year and 6 months old. The reason
for the No HP, is years ago when I bought my first Laptop, also a Toshiba,
My wife and Father both decided they liked the idea. They both bought
Compac's that were on sale. Both of them had trouble that had to be fixed,
then a year or so later when the batteries started to go they found they
could not find one that would work with them. I have found that when you buy
a Toshiba if you later need things like memory or a battery they are common,
and easy to find.
--
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin
Franklin

chuckieŽ

Dell's aren't bad either, have two of them. #1 Latitude C-600, several
years old and still going strong...well, as strong as a 1gig Pentium can be.
#2 Inspiron (forget model #), little over a year old, no
problems...yet...use it at work for Excel spreadsheets and such mundane
tasks. Reasonably priced, if that's a consideration...just my two cents...

"qqq" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> For a programmer
>
> For home user - basic

Plato

qqq wrote:

> For a programmer
>
> For home user - basic

I dont see the question in the body of your message. Please learn how to
write a message. Thanks.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Ernie Werbel

qqq wrote in message
<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
>For a programmer
>
>For home user - basic

If you're using BASIC (I presume the DOS version, right?) then you'd be well
with an AST Premium Exec. I have two and they're great.

My second choice would be a Compaq LTE Elite. I actually had one that I was
using for years to write QBASIC programs with. I bought it used from a
friend. It had Windows 95 on it but I took care of that. FDISK and install
DOS/Win3.11 and it ran much better for programming.

Travis

What do you mean by "For home user - basic" does that mean your programming
in BASIC (with or without Q)? Or does that mean your a basic user, because I
don't think many basic computer users are programmers though.

"qqq" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> For a programmer
>
> For home user - basic

Amanda

Travis wrote:
> What do you mean by "For home user - basic" does that mean your programming
> in BASIC (with or without Q)? Or does that mean your a basic user, because I
> don't think many basic computer users are programmers though.

Basic user like my family members who don't do programming but not
heavy on multimedia stuff either.

> "qqq" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> > For a programmer
> >
> > For home user - basic

Amanda

Amanda wrote:
> Travis wrote:
> > What do you mean by "For home user - basic" does that mean your programming
> > in BASIC (with or without Q)? Or does that mean your a basic user, because I
> > don't think many basic computer users are programmers though.

> Basic user like my family members who don't do programming but not
> heavy on multimedia stuff either.

It's assumption.