Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Newbie wireless question - Please!!?

Newbie wireless question - Please!!?

Nick Luck

By some miracle, I have managed to get a shared internet connection between
my Main PC (attached to the D-Link 624) and my laptop (with a D-link G650
card). The problem is that I have run the network setup on both machones
(both usinh XP Pro) and I cannot get the networkrunning. Work group names
are the same but the setup on my PC fails, stating that network could not be
finished.

I note that the D-Link router does not actually show up as a piece of
hardware in Device Manger (although, why shopuld it, as it is hidden behind
the Ethernet port). Is there something simple that I am missing here? I
clearly have a connection, as I am internet sharing, but I cannot access
files!!

Any help/comment/suggestion would be hugely appreciated

Thanks

Nick Luck

JR

Hi Nick,

Try to disable the firewall on both your machines for
starters. Then try to ping between both machines and see
if you get a reply.
Let us know if this works

Jack

Hi.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:224901c46ffe$96b04fd0$(E-Mail Removed)...