Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > AMD Custom Black Box Aerial

AMD Custom Black Box Aerial

Ronald Murray

Hello
I purchased a used custom built computer. It has an aerial on the back. Can
some one tell me what this is for?
It also came without an operating system.
This Dell that I'm using has WinXP
I have all the Dell CD's. Can I put WinXP on the new computer using the Dell
CD's? Or is this illegal?
Thanks.
ron

pen

"Ronald Murray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsCPCg.1711$365.1251@edtnps89...
> Hello
> I purchased a used custom built computer. It has an aerial on the back.
> Can some one tell me what this is for?
> It also came without an operating system.
> This Dell that I'm using has WinXP
> I have all the Dell CD's. Can I put WinXP on the new computer using the
> Dell CD's? Or is this illegal?
> Thanks.
> ron

The aerial is for wireless networking, No you can't put XP on more than
one computer. You'll have to buy an operating system, or use Linux.

bmoag

You can try . . .

JTJersey

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 23:49:41 +0000, Ronald Murray wrote:

> Hello
> I purchased a used custom built computer. It has an aerial on the back.
> Can some one tell me what this is for? It also came without an operating
> system. This Dell that I'm using has WinXP I have all the Dell CD's. Can
> I put WinXP on the new computer using the Dell CD's? Or is this illegal?
> Thanks.
> ron

If you have all the Dell CD's then one of them should have Windows XP on
it. The others contain all the extraneous Dell included programs and the
necessary hardware drivers you'll need after you reinstall Windows, if
that's what you were thinking of doing. The antenna on the back is for a
wireless connection.
--
Registered Linux User #267152