Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Time Zone Settings

Time Zone Settings

Ernie Werbel

Recently whenever I start Windows I get a dialog with a blank drop-down bar
asking me to verify Time Zone Settings. I cannot get into Program Manager
without clicking [Continue]. This is pretty annoying since it has nothing to
do with anything I do. It keeps coming back. Thanks in advance for any
advice.

Oldus Fartus

Ernie Werbel wrote:
> Recently whenever I start Windows I get a dialog with a blank drop-down bar
> asking me to verify Time Zone Settings. I cannot get into Program Manager
> without clicking [Continue]. This is pretty annoying since it has nothing to
> do with anything I do. It keeps coming back. Thanks in advance for any
> advice.

Sounds like you haven't set the TZ variable correctly in AUTOEXEC.BAT

(I am assuming you are running your beloved Windows 3x)

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

Duane Arnold

"Oldus Fartus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:44d96ba5$0$25720$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ernie Werbel wrote:
>> Recently whenever I start Windows I get a dialog with a blank drop-down
>> bar asking me to verify Time Zone Settings. I cannot get into Program
>> Manager without clicking [Continue]. This is pretty annoying since it
>> has nothing to do with anything I do. It keeps coming back. Thanks in
>> advance for any advice.
>>

> Sounds like you haven't set the TZ variable correctly in AUTOEXEC.BAT
>
> (I am assuming you are running your beloved Windows 3x)

<g>

And it's probably his problem with the 256 colors and IE post.

Duane

Ernie Werbel

Duane Arnold wrote in message ...

>"Oldus Fartus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:44d96ba5$0$25720$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Ernie Werbel wrote:
>>> Recently whenever I start Windows I get a dialog with a blank drop-down
>>> bar asking me to verify Time Zone Settings. I cannot get into Program
>>> Manager without clicking [Continue]. This is pretty annoying since it
>>> has nothing to do with anything I do. It keeps coming back. Thanks in
>>> advance for any advice.
>>>

>> Sounds like you haven't set the TZ variable correctly in AUTOEXEC.BAT
>>
>> (I am assuming you are running your beloved Windows 3x)
>>

><g>
>
>And it's probably his problem with the 256 colors and IE post.
>
>Duane

I found out what it was. I accidentally deleted something from the IEXPLORE
directrory so this was Outlook Express that was calling for the time zone.
I ended up installing IE 4 with Outlook Express and everything is great now
(except for Windows 95-style scrollbars, yuck!). Thank you, Oldus and Duane
for your replies.

Time Zone in Windows Time Ryu ASP .Net 3 02-11-2009 08:46 PM
prevent a postback when moving web parts from zone to zone. =?Utf-8?B?VmluY2UgVmFyYWxsbw==?= ASP .Net 0 02-08-2006 12:20 AM
Multi-time zone date/time value? davout Java 3 10-16-2003 07:45 PM

Advertisments