Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Autorun doesn't work anymore

Autorun doesn't work anymore

Derek

Hi,

When I inserted a CD or CD-ROM into my DVD drive it used to run
automatically and start Win Media Player if an audio CD, or go into the
setup routine for a CD-ROM or ask me what I wanted to do.

Then I downloaded and installed a trial version of ZoneAlarm Internet
Security Suite 6 and autorun stopped working. I uninstalled it and autorun
worked again. I repeated the exercise to prove to myself it was ZoneAlarm
ISS6 causing the problem and it appeared to be.

I've removed ZoneAlarm ISS6 from my system, but autorun still doesn't work
anymore (I've now got Norton Internet Security 2005 running in place of
ZoneAlarm ISS6).

Does anyone know how I can fix this please - it's really annoying.

TIA,

Derek.