Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > tcp/ip concurrent connects imposed ??

tcp/ip concurrent connects imposed ??

Fred C

I kep getting dosconnected from the eb, after a couple of Hours or so, with
the Event of ''You have passed the TCP/IP limit imposed and that
''concurrent connections allowed to connect'' is exceeded or reached ...
ALSO the event Viewers next event is this ...cannot allocate resources from
the nonpaged pool because the pool is empty'' .. this is after the
concurrent TCP/IP limit thing, and then ''every'' app ceases to be able to
be initialized ??

Well, obviously i have googled and it is not a Symantec problem as i have
Bullguard as my firewall... OK i have only 160mb of RAM but i do not think
it is a RAM issue.

I have xp pro sp2, a compaq deskpro 650mhz computer, has any1 got any other
idas as to why i am being disconnected for a ''limit'' ? imposed on the
amount of ''concurrent connections allowed to connect''

I d have Bitcomet - a torrent - client running, i dont think its the problem
though, as this has NEVER happened before, this is a newly reinstalled PC,
and i dont really wanna reinstall again, so any clues please - Thanks FRED

Duane Arnold

Fred C wrote:
> I kep getting dosconnected from the eb, after a couple of Hours or so, with
> the Event of ''You have passed the TCP/IP limit imposed and that
> ''concurrent connections allowed to connect'' is exceeded or reached ...
> ALSO the event Viewers next event is this ...cannot allocate resources from
> the nonpaged pool because the pool is empty'' .. this is after the
> concurrent TCP/IP limit thing, and then ''every'' app ceases to be able to
> be initialized ??
>
> Well, obviously i have googled and it is not a Symantec problem as i have
> Bullguard as my firewall... OK i have only 160mb of RAM but i do not think
> it is a RAM issue.
>
> I have xp pro sp2, a compaq deskpro 650mhz computer, has any1 got any other
> idas as to why i am being disconnected for a ''limit'' ? imposed on the
> amount of ''concurrent connections allowed to connect''
>
> I d have Bitcomet - a torrent - client running, i dont think its the problem
> though, as this has NEVER happened before, this is a newly reinstalled PC,
> and i dont really wanna reinstall again, so any clues please - Thanks FRED

Your problem is something is connecting to your machine inbound or your
machine has something that is connecting outbound on the TCP/IP. The max
number of concurrent connections on XP Home is 5. The max is 10
concurrent connections on XP Pro.

Maybe, you have some kind of malware running that you don't know about.
You can use Ethereal a packet sniffer to see if packets or traffic is
leaving the machine to remote IP(s) that you don't know about.

You can also use Active Ports or TCPView and see if there are
connections on ports to remote IP(s) you don't know about.

The solutions are all free solutions.

Duane

bambam

On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 16:27:08 +0000, Fred C wrote:

> I kep getting dosconnected from the eb, after a couple of Hours or so, with
> the Event of ''You have passed the TCP/IP limit imposed and that
> ''concurrent connections allowed to connect'' is exceeded or reached ...
> ALSO the event Viewers next event is this ...cannot allocate resources from
> the nonpaged pool because the pool is empty'' .. this is after the
> concurrent TCP/IP limit thing, and then ''every'' app ceases to be able to
> be initialized ??
>
> Well, obviously i have googled and it is not a Symantec problem as i have
> Bullguard as my firewall... OK i have only 160mb of RAM but i do not think
> it is a RAM issue.
>
> I have xp pro sp2, a compaq deskpro 650mhz computer, has any1 got any other
> idas as to why i am being disconnected for a ''limit'' ? imposed on the
> amount of ''concurrent connections allowed to connect''
>
> I d have Bitcomet - a torrent - client running, i dont think its the problem
> though, as this has NEVER happened before, this is a newly reinstalled PC,
> and i dont really wanna reinstall again, so any clues please - Thanks FRED

This might help-

<Paste>

Event ID 4226 Patcher (4226 fix)

What's this all about?
After almost everybody knows the <<EventID 4226: TCP/IP has reached the
security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts>>,
I used a day to create for educational purpose a fix for this
argumentative feature.

<Paste>

http://www.lvllord.de/?lang=en&url=tools