Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Best Gaming Laptop, period! Again...

Best Gaming Laptop, period! Again...

North

Hi guys,

I am a 35 y.o. lawyer and I LOVE gaming (yep, I admit it, must be the
child in me) Because of my job I must travel almost every week
therefore I don't want to play at home since I want to spend that time
with my wife and kids and that is why I need the ultimate gaming
Laptop.

I know that you guys are asked this question a zillions times a year
and I took the time to read almost all of these answers. However I
will buy my new laptop in the next few weeks and I need the latest
advice as technology seems to change monthly in that field. Also, most

forum questions includes either budget, size or power limitation.

So I want the best Gaming Laptop, period

-Power is not a problem since I will always play in hotel room, I don't

care about battery life;

-Budget is not a problem but still, I would like to stay around
4000,00$

-Size is not a problem since I do hiking and I'm used to haul stuff
around in a backpack but if it's possible I would avoid the 19 inch
laptops because you need ridicule backpack to move them and I travel by

plane and want to keep the laptop with me in the plane;

-I change my computer every 3 or 4 years so it has to be able to last
the longer possible for the upcoming games even if I know it's
impossible, so you have to foresee what these games will demands;

In fact I know that you will tell me to buy an Alienware or so and I've

read all of the description of Alienware, Hypersonic, Sager,
Cyberpower, Eurocom, Widow PC, Ibuypower, Pro Star and Dell, but not
Voodoo as they seems to cost over 10,000$... (See I made my homework
before bothering you guys) Most of these system would respect my budget

limitation but I still don't know which is the best.

-CPU questions; what is the best CPU for Gaming? AMD or Pentium, and if

so, is it the dual-core technologie? the Dell XPS is powered by a Intel

Dual-core

-What is the best Video Card?

-What is the best configuration for video card? Dual SLI Cards or
single more powerfull cards?(is dual 256 MB SLI cards are better than
one powerfull 512MB card?)

Of course I will take two gigs of RAM and a Hard Disk with a speed over

7200RPM (Should I take a RAID configuration?) and the screen choices I
can handle so my more important questions are really about the
different CPU comparaison and the Video card choices

Thank you very much for your collaboration, I appreciate your help a
lot since I don't know a lot about computer and I can't seems to trust
the sellers advice as their products is always the best...

Also, excuse any text errors as my first language is french

Yours Truly

Robert

"North" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi guys,
>
> I am a 35 y.o. lawyer and I LOVE gaming (yep, I admit it, must be the
> child in me) Because of my job I must travel almost every week
> therefore I don't want to play at home since I want to spend that time
> with my wife and kids and that is why I need the ultimate gaming
> Laptop.

I was looking at the Toshiba Satellite P35-S605 a while back but ended up
building a new desktop PC instead. This one retails for over $1K new, but
if you say you're willing to go to $4K you can probably find something much
more powerful. Here's a link to the P35-S605 anyway...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=541966

Also, I have heard that as far as gaming goes, the new Windows Vista will be
the only OS that will support DirectX version 10, so the newer games will
inevitably be made for Vista exclusively and not work with even XP. This is
what I have been told by people who work at CompUSA. With that and the new
Intel Core 2 breaking ground it may be worth waiting a little longer.
Personally, I would wait a few months to see what other people think, and
for the bulk of bugs to be worked out, but that's just me.

RjK

I would STRONGLY recommend avoiding toshiba notebooks. We have purchased
three toshiba's and all three are garbage. I could understand having a
problem with one but when all three have problems then they have major
issues with their quality.