Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Quick Basic

Quick Basic

Fred

I have some old 1991 basic source code like let a=5:let b=4: c=b+a etc
What is the best program to compile this with?

Fred

Uplink

But it does't have the let values and stuff though. If you want to
compile a program with that, how about a program that allows you to
enter numbers, then get the average? I don't know if it's best...

Fred wrote:
> I have some old 1991 basic source code like let a=5:let b=4: c=b+a etc
> What is the best program to compile this with?
>
> Fred

Ernie Werbel

Fred wrote in message
<(E-Mail Removed) .com>...
>I have some old 1991 basic source code like let a=5:let b=4: c=b+a etc
>What is the best program to compile this with?
>
>Fred

QBasic 4.5 had internal compiling capabilities. It is probably available
for download somewhere. I used to use it, and would offer to make you a
copy but it has been years and I no longer have it.

I wish you good luck in your venture. I discovered QB in 1998 and since
then I have been very interested in learning computer programming. Even
though it is for DOS it is still an excellent learning tool, and you can
make some pretty useful applications in it as well.

I wrote some programs to make common office tasks easier for myself and my
father, like an envlope printer that could store addresses in a file and
simple stuff like that.

Have fun, and good luck!

Robert Baer

Fred wrote:

> I have some old 1991 basic source code like let a=5:let b=4: c=b+a etc
> What is the best program to compile this with?
>
> Fred

I have the most recent M$ DOS-based BASIC interpreter/compiler they
made; "Professional Development System" version 7.1 (if i remember the
version correctly).
Their next version was Visual Basic; totally different.
I could send you the complete PDS system including manuals if you want.
The PDS runs under the DOS box in Win95, Win98 or Win98SE, or command
box (similar to DOS box but different name) in Win2K and i presume in XP
as well.
When running in DOS emulation mode on a gooie like that, the SET
paths must be pointing to the libraries and help system for full useability.

Fred

Robert Baer wrote:
> Fred wrote:
>
> > I have some old 1991 basic source code like let a=5:let b=4: c=b+a etc
> > What is the best program to compile this with?
> >
> > Fred
> >

> I have the most recent M$ DOS-based BASIC interpreter/compiler they
> made; "Professional Development System" version 7.1 (if i remember the
> version correctly).
> Their next version was Visual Basic; totally different.
> I could send you the complete PDS system including manuals if you want.
> The PDS runs under the DOS box in Win95, Win98 or Win98SE, or command
> box (similar to DOS box but different name) in Win2K and i presume in XP
> as well.
> When running in DOS emulation mode on a gooie like that, the SET
> paths must be pointing to the libraries and help system for full useability

Thanks to all for their suggestions.
I still have the old Quick Basic Program.
Nothing seems to have moved on in a useful direction.
Thanks
Fred

Adding quick-release to a non-quick-release tripod head ste7esmith@hotmail.com Digital Photography 4 11-20-2006 03:19 PM
Quick question, hopefully quick answer. ~misfit~ NZ Computing 114 01-06-2005 01:36 PM
Quick Question Quick Answer JKop C++ 11 05-24-2004 09:46 PM
Quick Restore for a Compaq not so quick! Croos Bustamunky Computer Support 2 05-15-2004 04:17 AM
PanasonicBQ390 "quick" charger - How quick? Ol' Bab Digital Photography 1 01-17-2004 06:54 AM

Advertisments