Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > registered user ID

registered user ID

Bolshoy Huy

In the cookies folder, all cookies are named registered user
I had changed the registered user ID(as well as the C:\ drive) to my
name because if the PC is stolen I could prove it's mine. I would like
to know if when you visit a site that has cookies, the server
stores/logs your PC's registered user ID or if it's only stored on your
PC?
Also, is it possible for the site's admin to know who visited by using
the registered user ID even if it's changed to JohnDoe, or by using the
IP address?