Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Recovering files from Unallocated Space HDD

Recovering files from Unallocated Space HDD

Fred C

I reinstalled 'xp pro' and for some strange reason, my slave drive..an NTFS
10 gig maxtor hd, which i unplugged during reinstallingg xp on the master,
well, it is now showing up (NOT in windows explorer as D) but in computer
management console, as a hard disk, with ''Unallocated Space''

I had put ALL my important ffiles on this Slave hdd, prior to reinstalling
the master, so i need the files recovering, badly.

I 'have' found a file recovery tool/app but it gets the files back in all
sorts of RAW form, and i don't have a clue where they are meant to be in
relation to the folders they were in.. eg. ''all the .bin' files are
together, all the jpegs together, etc.. not in the folders they were saved
as..

SO... does any1 know of a good file recovery app, that would get me back the
files in the folders they wre in, someone mentioned recover2000, but i
cannot find a copy. so any ideas please

All the Best - FRED

here is a link that will take you to a source of those
programs:

http://shareware.foruto.com/software/graphics/capture/

"Fred C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eQpyg.4813$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I reinstalled 'xp pro' and for some strange reason, my slave drive..an

NTFS
> 10 gig maxtor hd, which i unplugged during reinstallingg xp on the master,
> well, it is now showing up (NOT in windows explorer as D) but in computer
> management console, as a hard disk, with ''Unallocated Space''
>
> I had put ALL my important ffiles on this Slave hdd, prior to reinstalling
> the master, so i need the files recovering, badly.
>
> I 'have' found a file recovery tool/app but it gets the files back in all
> sorts of RAW form, and i don't have a clue where they are meant to be in
> relation to the folders they were in.. eg. ''all the .bin' files are
> together, all the jpegs together, etc.. not in the folders they were saved
> as..
>
> SO... does any1 know of a good file recovery app, that would get me back

the
> files in the folders they wre in, someone mentioned recover2000, but i
> cannot find a copy. so any ideas please
>
> All the Best - FRED

Try this:
http://dmoz.org/Computers/Software/D...ing_and_Repair