Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > BBS Software for DOS?

BBS Software for DOS?

Ernie Werbel

Hi all. Does anyone know of any good freeware BBS software that will run on
DOS 4.01? I got my hands on a couple of 8-bit 33.6k modems that I can used
in an IBM 5160. I think this would be perfect, and people could use
Terminal that comes with Win 3.x or higher to dial in.

Note: others whom I have asked suggested updating the OS to at least DOS 5.0
but I don't want to do this because it is a stock computer with all original
parts. I even feel funny about installing a modem, but I will let this go.

What can I say? I'm just a guy who loves vintage computing!

Plato

Ernie Werbel wrote:

> Hi all. Does anyone know of any good freeware BBS software that will run on
> DOS 4.01? I got my hands on a couple of 8-bit 33.6k modems that I can used
> in an IBM 5160. I think this would be perfect, and people could use
> Terminal that comes with Win 3.x or higher to dial in.

Not worth the trouble.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Ernie Werbel

>Not worth the trouble.

YOU may not think so, but BBS is coming back! Just wait, you'll see!
You'll be sorry you did not join the BBS revolution!

Teh White Recluse

No ****ing way. 'sides bbs now means backhanded bitch slap.

Freelance BBS jiangyh ASP .Net 0 11-16-2004 03:08 AM
HTML filtering in weblog/BBS software Alexey Verkhovsky Ruby 3 10-14-2004 02:53 PM
How to write BBS format conversion code? Welman Jordan ASP .Net 0 05-11-2004 09:20 AM

Advertisments