Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Two windows

Two windows

Hardy &&&

Hello every one.
I have two hard disks: C & D, on same computer.I installed windows xp home
on C drive and,
I want to install the same windows on D.
I can not bring drive D except through C.
Now I formated D but I couldn't install windows
Any one can guide me to install the same windows on D??
thanks all.

bmoag

Why?

Bazzer Smith

"Hardy &&&" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:44c22de9$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello every one.
> I have two hard disks: C & D, on same computer.I installed windows xp home
> on C drive and,
> I want to install the same windows on D.
> I can not bring drive D except through C.
> Now I formated D but I couldn't install windows
> Any one can guide me to install the same windows on D??
> thanks all.

Yes simply go to drive C, select everything, then select copy,
then go to drive D and click paste.
Piece of p*ss.
You now have two identical drives, ou can use one as a backup.
Might be a bit diffferent if you have a recovery partition but

I guesss you create a similar partition on the new drive and copy
and paste that too.

Alternatively you could spend 40 on a flashy utility to do it,
but that will be much harder, more confusing and take much
longer.

John Holmes

Bazzer Smith "contributed" in alt.computer:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!! You total ****ing idiot.

--
Your mother was a gross hobo who paraded herself nude in a small tent.

Ernie Werbel

>I have two hard disks: C & D, on same computer.I installed windows xp home
>on C drive and,
>I want to install the same windows on D.
>I can not bring drive D except through C.
>Now I formated D but I couldn't install windows
>Any one can guide me to install the same windows on D??
>thanks all.

I don't get it, are you trying to do a dual-boot or install XP on both
drives? If you have both drives in the same computer you only install to C:
and it will find D: on its own. Otherwise, you need to purchase another
copy of XP to install "stand-alone" on the second drive, although I don't
see why you would need two instances of the same OS in the same computer.