Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > OSPF Totally stubby area

OSPF Totally stubby area

Guan Foo Wah

Hi,

I am studying CCNP BSCI and this is a question where I couldn't find an
answer in my BSCI book. Basically, the OSPF totally stubby area is a Cisco
specific implementation. If all routers in area 1 including ABR are Cisco
routers, then there shouldn't be a problem.

Now what if the ABR is Cisco while some of the routers in area 1 are not
cisco? Will the totally stubby area still work as it ment to be?

Thanks.

Robert

Guan Foo Wah wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am studying CCNP BSCI and this is a question where I couldn't find an
> answer in my BSCI book. Basically, the OSPF totally stubby area is a Cisco
> specific implementation. If all routers in area 1 including ABR are Cisco
> routers, then there shouldn't be a problem.
>
> Now what if the ABR is Cisco while some of the routers in area 1 are not
> cisco? Will the totally stubby area still work as it ment to be?
>
> Thanks.

The other routers don't have to be Cisco. The only thing that makes the
area a totally stubby area is the ABR. Being a totally stubby area
means that the ABR only injects a default route into the area,
therefore the other routers aren't important. HTH.

Robert