Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > What routers are good?

What routers are good?

=?iso-8859-1?B?pqamU0hBRDBXpqam?=

I need to network 3 computers using Ethernet wires. What would be recommended? Thanks!

Duane Arnold

¦¦¦SHAD0W¦¦¦ wrote:
> I need to network 3 computers using Ethernet wires. What would be
> recommended? Thanks!

Anyone that's a packet filtering FW router that can stop inbound or
outbound traffic by setting rules to do it by port, protocol or IP and
has logging that you can use something like Walllwatcher with it.

One that meets the specs for *What does a FW do*?

http://www.vicomsoft.com/knowledge/r...irewalls1.html

One that is ICSA certified, which automatically meets the specs in the
link above.

Netgear makes a router that's ICSA certified and there are others too.

http://www.sonic.net/wallwatcher/

meow2222@care2.com

¦¦¦SHAD0W¦¦¦ wrote:

> Re: What routers are good?

zucchini put down more than an inch of root per day

NT

StinkyPlant

¦¦¦SHAD0W¦¦¦ wrote:
> I need to network 3 computers using Ethernet wires. What would be
> recommended? Thanks!

I like Buffalo or Linksys (wrt54gs) Its wireless as well, but you never
know what you might need in the future.