Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > migrating to ATM DS3 with BGP

migrating to ATM DS3 with BGP

Brian

Hello,

We just installed an ATM DS3 circuit with BGP with a the session up. Our
current configuration is with a 4.5 pipe with a BGP session configured. When
migrating over to the DS3 am I able to move traffic without affecting BGP on
the current circuit? Would I need to stop advertising the addresses and then
move traffic? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Robert

I believe this is going to depend on your setup. Are the two circuits
going to the same provider? If so, the same neighbor? Is this a dual
homed Internet connection that is being upgraded, or a single circuit?
Answer those, and then we can get started answering your question.

Robert

theapplebee theapplebee is offline
Member
Location: USA

If you are migrate ckt type from ATM to serial DS3 within same ISP,
my 1 cents tip would be put static route on ATM ckt during BGP testing on new DS3. Static route is more prefer

RE: Cisco Router for BGP and DS3, Admin Distance M Cisco 1 01-14-2008 12:23 PM
Cisco Router for BGP and DS3 M Cisco 9 01-07-2008 02:08 AM
ATM-E1 4E1-IMA and AIM-ATM-4E1 rosario Cisco 3 01-07-2006 04:09 PM
Differences between ATM STM-1 and ATM OC-3 hlep Cisco 0 08-09-2005 06:33 AM
Difference in setting up ATM 0 or ATM 0.1 AM Cisco 0 02-08-2005 05:32 PM

Advertisments