Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Connects fine to WAP but can't get IP address via DHCP

Connects fine to WAP but can't get IP address via DHCP

Lee

OK, this used to work, now it doesn't. I'm stumped...

If I plug in my wireless PCMCIA NIC while I am wired to my LAN, it gets
assigned an IP address (I then have 2, 1 for the wired NIC and 1 for the
wireless). I can then disconnect from the wired LAN and have wireless home
internetworking, internet, etc..

HOWEVER, if I plug in the NIC when off the wired LAN I connect fine to my
WAP but my router does not assign me an IP address. In this scenario my
connection status shows packets being sent but zero received, and a
connection status of Very Good or Excellent.

I am using 64bit WEP, and confirmed I do not have either the Advanced
Networking XP Hotfix or the WPA XP Hotfix installed.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Jack

Hi