Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > ADSL Broadband Routers

ADSL Broadband Routers

another MickG

Can anyone recommend a good, but cheapish broadband router.

I only want to use it to connect 3 PC's to my broadband
connection, one of them wireless.

I'm not sure what I'm looking for, so any ideas what to
look for on the outside of the box would be gratefully
appreciated.

thanks in advance

Mick

pen

"another MickG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Can anyone recommend a good, but cheapish broadband router.
>
> I only want to use it to connect 3 PC's to my broadband connection,
> one of them wireless.
>
> I'm not sure what I'm looking for, so any ideas what to look for on
> the outside of the box would be gratefully appreciated.
>
> thanks in advance
>
> Mick

I use a Linksys WRT54G. 4 port switch,, wireless access point and
router all in one. Works great and is very popular.

tony sayer

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, pen
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes

>"another MickG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> Can anyone recommend a good, but cheapish broadband router.
>>
>> I only want to use it to connect 3 PC's to my broadband connection,
>> one of them wireless.
>>
>> I'm not sure what I'm looking for, so any ideas what to look for on
>> the outside of the box would be gratefully appreciated.
>>
>> thanks in advance
>>
>> Mick

>I use a Linksys WRT54G. 4 port switch,, wireless access point and
>router all in one. Works great and is very popular.

Haven't the wireless version but used several Linksys over the years all
performed fine and are a doddle to set up
--
Tony Sayer

JJ

"tony sayer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:8P$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, pen
> <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>>
>>"another MickG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> Can anyone recommend a good, but cheapish broadband router.
>>>
>>> I only want to use it to connect 3 PC's to my broadband connection,
>>> one of them wireless.
>>>
>>> I'm not sure what I'm looking for, so any ideas what to look for on
>>> the outside of the box would be gratefully appreciated.
>>>
>>> thanks in advance
>>>
>>> Mick

>>I use a Linksys WRT54G. 4 port switch,, wireless access point and
>>router all in one. Works great and is very popular.
>>

> Haven't the wireless version but used several Linksys over the years all
> performed fine and are a doddle to set up
> --
> Tony Sayer

I just puchased a D-Link / AirPlus Xtreme / DI-624 / $49 at Tiger Direct
with $10 rebate. Wireless, plus four ports. Works great.