Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Worth upgrading processors

Worth upgrading processors

Simpledog

from a p4 550j to a 570j?

out of pocket expense, about 100 bucks

pen

"Simpledog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> from a p4 550j to a 570j?
>
> out of pocket expense, about 100 bucks

It's your call if an 11% increase in cpu speed is worthwhile.
As a practical matter without some sort of benchmarking software
you will notice little or no improvement.

Simpledog

you're right. I'm waiting until Vista is released, then buying a new
system.

"pen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

> "Simpledog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> from a p4 550j to a 570j?
>>
>> out of pocket expense, about 100 bucks

> It's your call if an 11% increase in cpu speed is worthwhile.
> As a practical matter without some sort of benchmarking software
> you will notice little or no improvement.

Plato

Simpledog wrote:

> from a p4 550j to a 570j?
>
> out of pocket expense, about 100 bucks