Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Favorites in XP

Favorites in XP

Bob

My XP Home favorites folder is a jumble of files and folders apparently
in order of when they entered. Is there any way to sort the favorite
folder, i.e. all folders first in alphabetical order followed by files
in alphabetical order?
TIA
Bob

Pen

"Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message
news:(E-Mail Removed) s.com...
> My XP Home favorites folder is a
> jumble of files and folders apparently
> in order of when they entered. Is
> there any way to sort the favorite
> folder, i.e. all folders first in
> alphabetical order followed by files
> in alphabetical order?
> TIA
> Bob

I aasum4 you mean Internet Explorer. The
answer is
use a different browser. Firefox is a
good choice.
http://www.mozilla.com/

Michael-NC

Right click and sort by name

news:(E-Mail Removed) s.com...
> My XP Home favorites folder is a jumble of files and folders apparently
> in order of when they entered. Is there any way to sort the favorite
> folder, i.e. all folders first in alphabetical order followed by files
> in alphabetical order?
> TIA
> Bob

Oldus Fartus

Bob wrote:
> My XP Home favorites folder is a jumble of files and folders apparently
> in order of when they entered. Is there any way to sort the favorite
> folder, i.e. all folders first in alphabetical order followed by files
> in alphabetical order?

Open the Favourites folder, select any item, then right click, and
select "sort by name"

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

Bob

Pen wrote:

> I aasum4 you mean Internet Explorer.

I knew it was IE. I was just using a play on words for the "Address
book in XP" thread.
But thanks for the info anyway.
Bob

Bazzer Smith

How to u get them back to the jumble you are familiar with?

"Michael-NC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Q2Qng.16084$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Right click and sort by name
>
> "Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) s.com...
>> My XP Home favorites folder is a jumble of files and folders apparently
>> in order of when they entered. Is there any way to sort the favorite
>> folder, i.e. all folders first in alphabetical order followed by files
>> in alphabetical order?
>> TIA
>> Bob

Recovering "Favorites" William W. Plummer Firefox 0 12-08-2004 04:41 PM
favorites SightSeer Firefox 2 12-02-2004 11:19 PM
IE Favorites into Mozilla 1.7.3 2001YZFR1 Firefox 3 10-10-2004 07:22 PM
Recent Favorites Chuck Firefox 4 07-11-2004 01:51 AM
Newbie - Bookmarks from IE favorites Ted Doubtfire Firefox 1 07-24-2003 07:46 PM

Advertisments