Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > address book in XP?

address book in XP?

bob

i want to copy my address book from WIN XP? couldn't find a .pab file on the
computer though.

suggestions?

bob

Duane Arnold

bob wrote:
> i want to copy my address book from WIN XP? couldn't find a .pab file on the
> computer though.
>
> suggestions?

Windows XP doesn't have an address book.

Duane

Boscoe Pertwee

"bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:GJjng.30927$(E-Mail Removed) ...
>i want to copy my address book from WIN XP? couldn't find a .pab file on
>the computer though.
>
> suggestions?
>
> bob

In OE, go to File > Export > Address Book, select ‘Text File (comma
separated values)’, click the Export button, give it a name and use the
Browse button to save it in a folder of your choice, click Next then Finish.

bob

"Boscoe Pertwee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:X7kng.91040$(E-Mail Removed). uk...

> "bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:GJjng.30927$(E-Mail Removed) ...
>>i want to copy my address book from WIN XP? couldn't find a .pab file on
>>the computer though.
>>
>> suggestions?
>>
>> bob

> In OE, go to File > Export > Address Book, select ‘Text File (comma
> separated values)’, click the Export button, give it a name and use the
> Browse button to save it in a folder of your choice, click Next then
> Finish.

Many thanks.

Now about importing it to the new computer?

bob

Boscoe Pertwee

"bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:nVxng.29055$(E-Mail Removed) ...

> "Boscoe Pertwee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:X7kng.91040$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
>>
>> "bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:GJjng.30927$(E-Mail Removed) ...
>>>i want to copy my address book from WIN XP? couldn't find a .pab file on
>>>the computer though.
>>>
>>> suggestions?
>>>
>>> bob

>> In OE, go to File > Export > Address Book, select ‘Text File (comma
>> separated values)’, click the Export button, give it a name and use the
>> Browse button to save it in a folder of your choice, click Next then
>> Finish.

> Many thanks.
>
> Now about importing it to the new computer?
>
> bob

Just copy the "*.csv" file across to the new PC then go to File < Import <
Other Address Book < Text File (comma separated value) and point it to the
location of the file.