Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > how do I play this file?

how do I play this file?

George_T

Can someone tell me how to play this file? I've tried media player but
keep getting an error message. Thanks

http://rapidshare.de/files/23517720/...other.dat.html

Robert Baer

*WHAT* file?
All i see is an ad for a service; are you a shill?

George_T

Robert Baer wrote:
> *WHAT* file?
> All i see is an ad for a service; are you a shill?

There should be a video on there; here is the link I thought I saved it
from
http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/l...eek=1&pageNo=5

it's called "You spin me right round". Any help much appreciated.

Rob

I can't play it either.

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

George_T wrote:

> Robert Baer wrote:
>
>>*WHAT* file?
>> All i see is an ad for a service; are you a shill?

> There should be a video on there; here is the link I thought I saved it
> from
> http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/l...eek=1&pageNo=5
>
> it's called "You spin me right round". Any help much appreciated.

OK; found it.
THe JavaScript pops up a window that (for me) has a "puzzle-piece"
icon to get plugin.
That brings up the M$ site:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...downloads.aspx
and that is where one can download their media player version 11; if
you are on POTS, forgetaboutit - it will take all day (maybe more).
Now there is *NO* guarantee that the movie will play with that!

Snooping some, it appears that the movie is FLASH (type SWF), and
maybe (???) ver 11 will play such beasties.

Fred

George_T wrote:
> Can someone tell me how to play this file? I've tried media player but
> keep getting an error message. Thanks
>

> http://rapidshare.de/files/23517720/...other.dat.html

Due to copyright restrictions the video is only available to the UK. So they
will be checking your ip before serving the stream.

From the sites video help
"If your web servers are located outside of the UK, you will not be able to
view all the content on the site. This is because certain content is
licensed to Channel 4 on the understanding that it can only be viewed by UK
users. There are also copyright reasons why some types of content, such as
the news, can only be accessed from the UK."

To get around that you can temporarily specify a UK proxy address in your
browser settings.

(if you use IE it's)

Tools - Internet Options - Connections - Lan Settings

Use a proxy server

I found this one listed on a public proxy list

193.164.126.13 port 80

The actual file is just a .wmv served by one of those akamai servers at this
real time streaming address

rtsp://a1950.v154789.c15478.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1950/15478/v0004/origin.channel4.com/bigbrother/day05/bb7_d05_2335_spin.wmv

What games do you play? stlava Gaming 38 05-16-2013 05:50 PM
To play or not to play bhuckle@bigpond.net.au DVD Video 1 08-01-2007 07:18 AM
PLAY MORE VIDEO GAMES WITH GOTTA PLAY Paul Heslop Digital Photography 0 05-21-2007 11:40 AM

Advertisments