Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Phantom triggering

Phantom triggering

Buck Rabbit

I bought a copy of Download Accelerator Plus several months ago and have been using it with excellent results. Recently though a
weird phenomenon has been happening with the program. It is somehow being triggered every few hours to attempt a download of a
file called msgr75us.exe (Yahoo Messenger with voice)
My question is what sort of thing could be continually launching DAP to download this file?

I have 3 antispyware programs installed that I use that have found not trace of spyware. I use NAV 2006 and have no viruses,
trojans, etc so anyone got any ideas as to what could be causing this to happen?

Yahoo Messenger with voice is one of the chat progs I use nearly every day.

Thanks for any assistance

Buck

Ork Two

>You have the disk, uninstall it, see what happens, install it again.

Phantom triggering

Group: alt.computer Date: Fri, Jun 16, 2006, 9:47pm (PDT+19) From:
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Buck*Rabbit)
I bought a copy of Download Accelerator Plus several months ago and have
been using it with excellent results. Recently though a weird phenomenon
has been happening with the program. It is somehow being triggered every
few hours to attempt a download of a file called msgr75us.exe (Yahoo
Messenger with voice)
My question is what sort of thing could be continually launching DAP to
download this file?
I have 3 antispyware programs installed that I use that have found not
trace of spyware. I use NAV 2006 and have no viruses, trojans, etc so
anyone got any ideas as to what could be causing this to happen?
Yahoo Messenger with voice is one of the chat progs I use nearly every
day.
Thanks for any assistance
Buck

Antec Phantom 500 Power Supply Review at XYZ Computing Silverstrand Front Page News 0 08-23-2005 01:29 AM
Can't get rid of phantom route. Bryan McClendon Cisco 5 09-13-2004 09:55 PM
Phantom folder in path Thomas Scheiderich ASP .Net 0 06-27-2004 03:34 AM
Phantom ports Mark Bryant Cisco 1 04-14-2004 07:10 PM
Phantom space and resize problem. Rod Billett ASP .Net 0 10-24-2003 08:35 PM

Advertisments