Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > HP Pavilion Media Center TV m7350n Desktop PC

HP Pavilion Media Center TV m7350n Desktop PC

Alan

Hello. I have a HP Pavilion Media Center TV m7350n Desktop PC That I have
tried to install regular xp pro on. I have downloaded the drivers from HP
and it says you must be logged on as Admin to install drivers. I am logged
in as Admin with full rights. Get error 9999 driver not installed, log in as
admin. Any ideas? Tried safe mode too. TIA Alan

bmoag

Why would you want to replace the media center OS with XP pro?
If you still have the HP restore discs I would strongly recommend you
reinstall the media center OS.
This is not a computer that one would rationally want to use as a server or
to control a network more complex than the usual peer to peer, hence: why
the f* do you want to install XP pro on it? Apart from networking controls
that are useless to most people XP pro offers nothing that other versions of
XP have and you lose the media center features, presumably the reason to buy
the HP box to begin with.
Anyway, if you installed XP pro correctly you should not get this error
message, which is the answer to your query.

Alan

Does unbranded mean anything to you? Get the system for 1/3 of the price.
Now just have to work around a bit. Alan

news:JOfkg.24443$(E-Mail Removed). com...