Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Case temperature advice please

Case temperature advice please

Atlantica

What kind of case temperature should I expect to have on my system? I run
an Athlon 3000 XP, 1Gb ram, 3 hard drives (1 being SATA), Nvidia 6600GT
graphic card (overclocked), 120mm rear case fan and 140mm (yes that's
right!) front case fan. The case is a Jeantech Phong 2. My current case
temp hangs around the 30 - 32 degrees mark and I have the temp sensor inside
the case dangling around the mid area.

bmoag

That is an average temperature and within the acceptable range.
This is why computers make for expensive space heaters.
You may be able to reduce the temperature by optimizing airflow through the
case.
More exotic ways are available, from more efficient CPU fans to liquid
cooled systems.
If your computer runs stably you should have nothing to worry about.