Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: What processor family is this?

Re: What processor family is this?

Doc

I found this pic of a processor that's the same as my 933

http://idg.allegro.pl/show_item.php?item=107506882

The printing on mine is somewhat different, but the specs are the same -
Mine says INTEL '81 Costa Rica 933 /256/133/1.75V on the top edge and on the
bottom edge is 3116A390-0627 SL52Q

What would you call this processor? If I'm looking for a mobo to fit it,
what should I look for?

Thanks for all input

Ben Myers

That is a Socket 370 Pentium III processor. A motherboard to support it MUST
provide 1.75v and MUST support 133MHz front-side bus. Boards with Intel
chipsets and supporting this CPU would use the 810E or an 815 chipset.

.... Ben Myers

On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 02:24:11 GMT, "Doc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I found this pic of a processor that's the same as my 933
>
>http://idg.allegro.pl/show_item.php?item=107506882
>
>The printing on mine is somewhat different, but the specs are the same -
>Mine says INTEL '81 Costa Rica 933 /256/133/1.75V on the top edge and on the
>bottom edge is 3116A390-0627 SL52Q
>
>What would you call this processor? If I'm looking for a mobo to fit it,
>what should I look for?
>
>Thanks for all input

kony

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I found this pic of a processor that's the same as my 933
>
>http://idg.allegro.pl/show_item.php?item=107506882
>
>The printing on mine is somewhat different, but the specs are the same -
>Mine says INTEL '81 Costa Rica 933 /256/133/1.75V on the top edge and on the
>bottom edge is 3116A390-0627 SL52Q
>
>What would you call this processor? If I'm looking for a mobo to fit it,
>what should I look for?
>
>Thanks for all input

It is a Coppermine P3.

You need a socket 370 motherboard, a later model that is
capable of 133MHz FSB. The most desirable chipsets tended
to be Intel 815 (except that it can support only 512MB total
memory) or Via 694 (or 694T). There were 815 boards with
integrated video or PLE133 was the Via version with
integrated video.

Sis 630(?) supported it too but Sis chipsets were often a
real PITA, some of them didn't even support all the ATA
modes properly and would end up in PIO mode instead.

Since the boards are now mostly at surplus 'sites, you might
choose based on cost and "newness"... a new board would be
highly preferred over a used one but how much money did you
want to 'sink into a system at this point? Sometimes you
can find barebones systems that include the case, power,
motherboard for under $60, but then again sometimes these
also include the CPU for little if any addt'l cost.