Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > free version like Word?

free version like Word?

Angie

I have Notepad and Wordpad on my computer, but I need a program that will
allow me to do a table with columns. Is there one that is free for
download?

tony sayer

In article <IqFgg.2807$(E-Mail Removed)>, Angie
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes

http://www.openoffice.org/
--
Tony Sayer

Jay Robert

Angie wrote:
> I have Notepad and Wordpad on my computer, but I need a program that will
> allow me to do a table with columns. Is there one that is free for
> download?

OpenOffice Writer in the OpenOffice 2.0 suite has extensive
table-handling capabilities and is a good free substitute
for Microsoft Word (and the suite for Office).

You can download it from OpenOffice.org

--Jay

Sjouke Burry

Angie wrote:
> I have Notepad and Wordpad on my computer, but I need a program that will
> allow me to do a table with columns. Is there one that is free for
> download?

openoffice

JDL

Open Office also includes a spreadsheet program, database, drawing, Power
point like program and a word processor. Better than dropping $400 or so
in Bill Gates' coffers for Microsoft Office. OpenOffice uses a bit more
RAM/CPU time but still runs great. I can't tell the difference bewtween it
and MS Office in CPU time. I think that's only a consideration if running
an older PC.