Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > File Attorney General and FTC Complaints against TigerDirect and OnRebate.com

File Attorney General and FTC Complaints against TigerDirect and OnRebate.com

Veni Vidivici

When I received the notebook computer I made the terrible mistake of
ordering from TigerDirect in Miami, the box with the barcode was packed
inside a box. It was not torn or damaged in any way except for the
barcode, which had been ripped in 4 places and some of it completely
missing.

Now why, you will ask, was the box undamaged but the barcode torn and
obliterated?

Because I had to send the original barcode by razor-blading it out of
the box -- they called it a UPC, whatever the f that is-- undamaged and
untorn -- to OnRebate.com for the rebate.

Has OnRebate.com (Google them if you want to see what bastards they
are) denied my application for the $100 rebate I'm entitled to? And
for what reason? Answer those questions for yourself.

=> Vox PopuliŠ

"Veni Vidivici" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> When I received the notebook computer I made the terrible mistake of
> ordering from TigerDirect in Miami, the box with the barcode was packed
> inside a box. It was not torn or damaged in any way except for the
> barcode, which had been ripped in 4 places and some of it completely
> missing.
>
> Now why, you will ask, was the box undamaged but the barcode torn and
> obliterated?
>
> Because I had to send the original barcode by razor-blading it out of
> the box -- they called it a UPC, whatever the f that is-- undamaged and
> untorn -- to OnRebate.com for the rebate.
>
> Has OnRebate.com (Google them if you want to see what bastards they
> are) denied my application for the $100 rebate I'm entitled to? And
> for what reason? Answer those questions for yourself.

Why would TigerDirect give a **** whether you get a Manufacturer rebate
or not?

Better adjust your Tin Foil hat there Stimpy, some of the rays are getting in.

Veni Vidivici

=> Dickbreath Vox PopuliŠ wrote:
> "Veni Vidivici" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > When I received the notebook computer I made the terrible mistake of
> > ordering from TigerDirect in Miami, the box with the barcode was packed
> > inside a box. It was not torn or damaged in any way except for the
> > barcode, which had been ripped in 4 places and some of it completely
> > missing.
> >
> > Now why, you will ask, was the box undamaged but the barcode torn and
> > obliterated?
> >
> > Because I had to send the original barcode by razor-blading it out of
> > the box -- they called it a UPC, whatever the f that is-- undamaged and
> > untorn -- to OnRebate.com for the rebate.
> >
> > Has OnRebate.com (Google them if you want to see what bastards they
> > are) denied my application for the $100 rebate I'm entitled to? And
> > for what reason? Answer those questions for yourself.

> Why would TigerDirect give a **** whether you get a Manufacturer rebate
> or not?

I'm afraid YOU are the idiot. The rebate is not a manufacturer's.
OnRebate.com is a rebate house with connections to TigerDirect, which
claims to guarantee the rebate and advertises OnRebate.com's record as
being sterling when it stinks like filth:

As in:

Received from BBB SERVING SOUTHEAST FLORIDA AND THE CARIBBEAN [Re:
TigerDirect and OnRebate.com]

Thank you for contacting the Better Business Bureau concerning the
dispute you are having with the above named company. We have forwarded
your complaint to the company for their comments and/or action. You
will be informed of the outcome of this matter. However, we must advise
you that the prognosis for a favorable resolution of your issue is not
good. This company has already "earned" an "unsatisfactory" business
reliability report with the BBB. It is, therefore, doubtful that they
will respond to us, or to you, concerning this matter. Nevertheless, we
will make our best effort to help mediate a solution.

=> Vox PopuliŠ

"Veni Whinibitchi" wrote in message
=> Vox PopuliŠ wrote:
> "Veni Vidivici" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > When I received the notebook computer I made the terrible mistake of
> > ordering from TigerDirect in Miami, the box with the barcode was packed
> > inside a box. It was not torn or damaged in any way except for the
> > barcode, which had been ripped in 4 places and some of it completely
> > missing.
> >
> > Now why, you will ask, was the box undamaged but the barcode torn and
> > obliterated?
> >
> > Because I had to send the original barcode by razor-blading it out of
> > the box -- they called it a UPC, whatever the f that is-- undamaged and
> > untorn -- to OnRebate.com for the rebate.
> >
> > Has OnRebate.com (Google them if you want to see what bastards they
> > are) denied my application for the $100 rebate I'm entitled to? And
> > for what reason? Answer those questions for yourself.

> Why would TigerDirect give a **** whether you get a Manufacturer rebate
> or not?

->I'm afraid YOU are the idiot. The rebate is not a manufacturer's.
->OnRebate.com is a rebate house with connections to TigerDirect,

"connections" ...?

What kind of "connections", like exactly?

[...]

-----

So then, why did you buy from TigerDirect in the first place, eh moron?
Why didn't you investigate OnRebate BEFORE you purchased, eh?
Why didn't you return the damaged product (bar coded box) immediately
to TigerDirect when you noticed it?

Veni Vidivici

troll alert---->>>> Pox Populi

=> Vox PopuliŠ

"Veni Vidivici" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> troll alert---->>>> Pox Populi

Translation: you lose, whiner.

jls1016@bellsouth.net

=> Vox PopuliŠ wrote:
> "Veni Vidivici" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > troll alert---->>>> Pox Populi

> Translation: you lose, whiner.

Which means, translated, you are a nutless 5'2" keyboard goliath with
agoraphobia and smegma breath.

=> Vox PopuliŠ

=> Vox PopuliŠ wrote:
> "Veni Vidivici" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > troll alert---->>>> Pox Populi

> Translation: you lose, whiner.

Which means, translated, you are a nutless 5'2" keyboard goliath with
agoraphobia and smegma breath.
----

Why does it mean that?

Are you projecting again ...?

dead_man_walking

|----

|Why does it mean that?
|
|Are you projecting again ...?

IKYABWAI
lame
do better next time
--
John

bat

Upon receiving, I would (1) make a photo of the torn UPC label (2) called
tigerdirect (3) if no satisfaction, filed with attorney general, (4) if no
help, sued in small claims.