Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > TV tuner sound problem HELP

TV tuner sound problem HELP

sweelinck

Hello,

I don't know if this is the right place to ask for help but what the
heck.

I recently purchased a Leadtek tv2000xp tv card turner. The
instructions explain that to get sound from it I have to connect a
cable from the tv card to the sound card or mother board. My Dell XPS
400 came with no such sound card and on inspection of the mother board,
can see no audio connector. Am I missing something? I'm not computer
literate at all, so any kind of help would be appreciated. I tried
googling for help on this, but with no luck.

Thanks in advance.

Tee Jay

sweelinck wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I don't know if this is the right place to ask for help but what the
> heck.
>
> I recently purchased a Leadtek tv2000xp tv card turner. The
> instructions explain that to get sound from it I have to connect a
> cable from the tv card to the sound card or mother board. My Dell XPS
> 400 came with no such sound card and on inspection of the mother board,
> can see no audio connector. Am I missing something? I'm not computer
> literate at all, so any kind of help would be appreciated. I tried
> googling for help on this, but with no luck.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Dell site says:
Audio: 7.1 Channel Out (3 jacks), line in, microphone and headphones (front)

Use the Line in.
Tee Jay

sweelinck

No, this is all inside the computer. No? The cable that is supposed to
connect to the tv card is not a head phone type of jack if that is what
you are refering to. The cable is a four-hole type of thingy that looks
like any other type of cable that connects inside the computer. It is
impossible to connect it to a headphone type input jack. In the
instructions it states that the tv card should be connected to the
sound card (pci card i think is what it's called(?)) or directly to the
mother board. There are several unused connections on the mother board,
but none match the cable in question. Anybody else have a solution
please?

I'll also check the Dell website, too.

Thanks again.