Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Temperature of P4-3.4GHz

Temperature of P4-3.4GHz

ClueLess

Hi

I have just got a P4-3.4GHz on an 865 mobo and even on starting the
temperature of the CPU is shown as 68 deg C.

I have checked Intel site but I am unable to make head or tail out of
their data sheets as to which is the operating temperature. The data
sheets say that the maximum temperature at 84 watts is 65 deg C.

I am also very unhappy about the new CPU Cooler, the round one with
four plastic legs that go through the motherboard to keep the cooler
in position. It seems to be not self aligning and there is no way one
can be sure that the cooler is seated properly on the CPU.

Is that 68 deg C temperature safe? How to ensure that the fan is
seated proper ?

Thanks for any advice that can help me.

ClueLess

nos1eep

ClueLess <(E-Mail Removed)>wrote :

|Hi
|
|I have just got a P4-3.4GHz on an 865 mobo and even on starting the
|temperature of the CPU is shown as 68 deg C.
|
|I have checked Intel site but I am unable to make head or tail out of
|their data sheets as to which is the operating temperature. The data
|sheets say that the maximum temperature at 84 watts is 65 deg C.
|
|I am also very unhappy about the new CPU Cooler, the round one with
|four plastic legs that go through the motherboard to keep the cooler
|in position. It seems to be not self aligning and there is no way one
|can be sure that the cooler is seated properly on the CPU.
|
|Is that 68 deg C temperature safe? How to ensure that the fan is
|seated proper ?
|
|Thanks for any advice that can help me.
|
|ClueLess
Find somebody that knows what they are doing and have them check your
heatsink. You are killing your processor.

SNMP - Monitor Temperature of any Cisco Devices tyeung@mk Cisco 3 11-20-2005 01:57 AM
check temperature on Cisco 4500 Richard Gliebe Cisco 1 10-11-2005 07:51 AM
Thermaltake Water Level Indicator and Water Temperature ... Silverstrand Front Page News 2 07-03-2005 07:59 AM
Check temperature on Cisco noway Cisco 2 07-26-2004 07:02 AM
Cat 2980 - Query temperature? Academic Technology Services Cisco 0 11-24-2003 07:10 PM

Advertisments