Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > PHONE SWITCH

PHONE SWITCH

Leslie Mutchler

I have switch on my phone line and a light connected call waiting that
tells
me when somebody is calling in. The problem is that when I disconnect
from the internet
sometimes I can reconnect and sometimes I can't.
Can anybody tell me what is going on & is there is a solution?

Icarus

"Leslie Mutchler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:vhGdg.8002$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
>I have switch on my phone line and a light connected call waiting that
>tells
> me when somebody is calling in. The problem is that when I disconnect from
> the internet
> sometimes I can reconnect and sometimes I can't.
> Can anybody tell me what is going on & is there is a solution?

Broadband!

JTJersey

On Fri, 26 May 2006 16:46:19 +0000, Leslie Mutchler wrote:

> I have switch on my phone line and a light connected call waiting that
> tells
> me when somebody is calling in. The problem is that when I disconnect
> from the internet
> sometimes I can reconnect and sometimes I can't.
> Can anybody tell me what is going on & is there is a solution?

Those things are just buggy. I've got friends who use this arrangement,
but with dial up connections there's no telling when your going to get
disconnected under normal circumstances, let alone when you introduce a
switch into the mix. Really, if you can get broadband, do so at your
earliest opportunity.