Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > VPN problems, help!

VPN problems, help!

Nick

Hi there, I'm installing a VPN setup for a client. I got a VPN router setup
for him and everything seemed to be running smoothly. but when I connect via
VPN from my computer at home to the network I just setup, I will connect,
but I can't get into other computers on the network. I can ping their ip and
get reponses, but I can't connect via computer name or IP. any ideas on what
I might try?

Duane Arnold

> Hi there, I'm installing a VPN setup for a client. I got a VPN router
> setup for him and everything seemed to be running smoothly. but when I
> connect via VPN from my computer at home to the network I just setup, I
> will connect, but I can't get into other computers on the network. I can
> ping their ip and get reponses, but I can't connect via computer name or
> IP. any ideas on what I might try?

What are you talking about?

The only valid VPN endpoints are the following:

1) Router to router or router to FW appliance - a hardware to hardware VPN
solution.

2) Software to software VPN client software on a client computer to VPN
server software running on a VPN server computer.

3) VPN client software dedicated to VPN server software running as part of
the firmware of a FW appliance.

Duane

Nick

> What are you talking about?
>
> The only valid VPN endpoints are the following:
>
> 1) Router to router or router to FW appliance - a hardware to hardware VPN
> solution.
>
> 2) Software to software VPN client software on a client computer to VPN
> server software running on a VPN server computer.
>
> 3) VPN client software dedicated to VPN server software running as part of
> the firmware of a FW appliance.
>
> Duane

I actually got it all set, not quite sure what was wrong but it's working
perfectly now. I believe we are doing solution 2, but I could be wrong, my
biz partnet set most of it up. thanks again for the response

-Nick