Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > floppy drive problem

floppy drive problem

Andy

When I boot up my computer I get a "Floppy Disk Fail (40)" message.
I press F1 to continue and the computer starts as usuual but the green light
on the floppy drive remains on constantly.
I thought it was the drive itself that was faulty so I put in another one
but the problem remains.

Any help appreciated,
Thanks
Andy

Pen

"Andy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e52q93$1abq$(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I boot up my computer I get a "Floppy Disk Fail (40)" message.
> I press F1 to continue and the computer starts as usuual but the green
> light
> on the floppy drive remains on constantly.
> I thought it was the drive itself that was faulty so I put in another one
> but the problem remains.
>
> Any help appreciated,
> Thanks
> Andy

Usually when the floppy light is always on it means the data cable
is on backwards.

Sjouke Burry

Andy wrote:
> When I boot up my computer I get a "Floppy Disk Fail (40)" message.
> I press F1 to continue and the computer starts as usuual but the green light
> on the floppy drive remains on constantly.
> I thought it was the drive itself that was faulty so I put in another one
> but the problem remains.
>
> Any help appreciated,
> Thanks
> Andy

Check in bios, (low battery makes a computer forget)
whether it is set as a 3.5inch 1.44MB floppy.
If thats oke,check your cable,if thats also oke,
the motherboard??
In that case change the boot order.
That stops the computer from trying to access
the floppy.