Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Tips about transfering video to iPod and iTunes

Tips about transfering video to iPod and iTunes

ivan

Tips about transferring video files to iPod
So you've ripped a movie from your favorite DVD using Wondershare DVD
to iPod Ripper or something similar. You made sure to set all your
settings so that it converts the video into iPod format. You think all
is well and you can watch your newly formatted videos in iTunes but
when you try to transfer the file to your iPod you get a pesky error
message stating that "some videos can not be transferred because they
can't be played on your iPod."

This was never a problem with earlier versions of iTunes, but user's
beware of the updates claiming to improve video quality and other
glitches. If you find a version that works supremely, just leave the
updates alone. Apple is continually in the works to help make it more
troublesome to enjoy your music and videos they way you see fit
regardless of their claims otherwise. Remember, they are still 49%
MicroSoft.

Here's your quick solution. I banged my head on this issue for days and
with the troubleshooting help of a friend we figured this out.

iTunes version 6.0.1.3 will play transfer video files to your iPod with
file extensions .mp4 and .m4v. Later versions will only accept files
with the .m4v extension.

SOLUTION
All you have to do is change the file name of your videos to .m4v
format. No additional encoding is necessary since it's already in an
iPod format. Just double check your file extension and transfer your
files to your iPod.

I had several videos that worked just fine with my video iPod when I
first got it, but after some unknown updates to my iPod and iTunes, the
files were not transferring. Since this issue, I now make sure that my
automatic updates are turned off in iTunes preferences. My VidPod is
working just fine now and I could care less about Apple's updates.
If you have problems about converting Video to iPod or Rip DVD to iPod,
you can visit here for some helps:
http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/download/download.html

iTunes Tips and Tricks
In the time that I've been using iTunes, I've found that there are
a lot of little things you can do that are workarounds or just plain
neat. Here are some main ones:

1) Got some pointless noise at the beginning or end of a song?
Highlight it, and go to File > Get Info. In the Options tab you can set
a Start time and Stop time for the song.
image:
http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com//imag...s/iPod-3-1.gif

2) Want to further organize your Playlists? You can assign them to
"folders" in the Source List. That's how I keep my comedy
Playlists and thrash metal Playlists separate. Just go to File > New
Folder (Windows Ctrl+Shift+N).

3) If you have a really large Library, you may sometimes have trouble
finding the music you want. Luckily, there's the Browse and Search
functions. The Browse function, accessed by pressing the eyeball icon
in the top right-hand corner, lets you narrow down what you're
looking for by Genre, Artist, and Album, then displays the offerings
available. The Search function, located next to the Browse button, has
you fill in the name of what you are after, be it an artist or track
name, and displays the matches in the Library window directly
underneath.
image:http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com//imag...s/iPod-3-2.gif

4) Tired of having your Podcasts sandwiched in the middle of your
Library? Just make sure that whatever field you use to organize your
Library (e.g. Genre, Artist), leave the information for your Podcasts
in that particular field blank. They will all stay at the bottom of
your Library. Perhaps later Apple will do away with multiple listings
for Podcasts, but until then, I have found this to be the most suitable
workaround.

Above are some tips I know about iPod and iTune. I wish it is useful to
you. If you have other problems about iPod. You can refer here for more
help.
http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/forum/index.php
Enjoy our iPod more funny