Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Installed Windows XP on formated hd again

Installed Windows XP on formated hd again

Uplink

I have a Dell Inspiron 1150 and recently formatted and deleted all
partitions and reinstalled Windows XP.

In device manager in other devices (with a yellow ?) it has the
following devices that worked:

Ethernet Controller
Multimedia Audio Controller
Network Controller

What kinds of drivers do I need for these? I have the defaults that
came with any inspiron notebook computer

Plato

Uplink wrote:

> I have a Dell Inspiron 1150 and recently formatted and deleted all
> partitions and reinstalled Windows XP.
>
> In device manager in other devices (with a yellow ?) it has the
> following devices that worked:
>
> Ethernet Controller
> Multimedia Audio Controller
> Network Controller
>
> What kinds of drivers do I need for these? I have the defaults that
> came with any inspiron notebook computer

You need the drivers for your NIC. You need the sound drivers for your
sound card.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Uplink

No, I know that I need drivers, what KIND of drivers. For sure I know
that the ethernet card is an Intel and I would assume the sound card
and headphone/mic jack are intel also. ethernet and network controller
are the same right? if the network controller has to do with dial-up
modems it's a conexant

Plato wrote:
> Uplink wrote:
> >
> > I have a Dell Inspiron 1150 and recently formatted and deleted all
> > partitions and reinstalled Windows XP.
> >
> > In device manager in other devices (with a yellow ?) it has the
> > following devices that worked:
> >
> > Ethernet Controller
> > Multimedia Audio Controller
> > Network Controller
> >
> > What kinds of drivers do I need for these? I have the defaults that
> > came with any inspiron notebook computer

> You need the drivers for your NIC. You need the sound drivers for your
> sound card.
>

> --
> http://www.bootdisk.com/

Pen

"Uplink" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> No, I know that I need drivers, what KIND of drivers. For sure I know
> that the ethernet card is an Intel and I would assume the sound card
> and headphone/mic jack are intel also. ethernet and network controller
> are the same right? if the network controller has to do with dial-up
> modems it's a conexant
>

> Plato wrote:
>> Uplink wrote:
>> >
>> > I have a Dell Inspiron 1150 and recently formatted and deleted all
>> > partitions and reinstalled Windows XP.
>> >
>> > In device manager in other devices (with a yellow ?) it has the
>> > following devices that worked:
>> >
>> > Ethernet Controller
>> > Multimedia Audio Controller
>> > Network Controller
>> >
>> > What kinds of drivers do I need for these? I have the defaults that
>> > came with any inspiron notebook computer

>> You need the drivers for your NIC. You need the sound drivers for your
>> sound card.
>>

>> --
>> http://www.bootdisk.com/

Go here at Dell to get the drivers;