Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Audio on inspiron 1150 not working

Audio on inspiron 1150 not working

Uplink

On my Dell Inspiron 1150, I have formatted and deleted all partitions and
reinstalled a Dell OEM copy of windows xp. I installed graphics drivers and
modem drivers and there is no sound.

I do not know what kind of sound card my laptops usess, but it has two front
speakers. Device manager says that there is a conflict with "Multimidia
Audio Controller" and I don't know what driver.

Is there a tool I can use to find the type of sound card I have?

Also, I have tried dell.com but they don't seem to make the inspiron 1150
anymore for some reason...

-uplink

Plato

Uplink wrote:

> Is there a tool I can use to find the type of sound card I have?

http://www.hwinfo.com/html/download.html
may find your sound card

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Pen

"Uplink" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> On my Dell Inspiron 1150, I have formatted and deleted all partitions and
> reinstalled a Dell OEM copy of windows xp. I installed graphics drivers
> and modem drivers and there is no sound.
>
> I do not know what kind of sound card my laptops usess, but it has two
> front speakers. Device manager says that there is a conflict with
> "Multimidia Audio Controller" and I don't know what driver.
>
> Is there a tool I can use to find the type of sound card I have?
>
> Also, I have tried dell.com but they don't seem to make the inspiron 1150
> anymore for some reason...
>
> -uplink

Go to Dell support and ent6er the service tag. You
can then get to all the info on your machine. Are you
real sure about the model? Dell doesn't list an 1150,
which is why using the service tag is best.
http://support.dell.com/support/inde...=us&l=en&s=dhs

Travis

When I open my laptop, in the top left corner on the keyboard area, there is
text that exactly says (without quotes):

"Inspiron | 1150" I got it in 2005 in feburary. I also may think that it has
been changed to B150

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

"Travis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> When I open my laptop, in the top left corner on the keyboard area, there
> is text that exactly says (without quotes):
>
> "Inspiron | 1150" I got it in 2005 in feburary. I also may think that it
> has been changed to B150
>
> "Pen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Uplink" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> On my Dell Inspiron 1150, I have formatted and deleted all partitions
>>> and reinstalled a Dell OEM copy of windows xp. I installed graphics
>>> drivers and modem drivers and there is no sound.
>>>
>>> I do not know what kind of sound card my laptops usess, but it has two
>>> front speakers. Device manager says that there is a conflict with
>>> "Multimidia Audio Controller" and I don't know what driver.
>>>
>>> Is there a tool I can use to find the type of sound card I have?
>>>
>>> Also, I have tried dell.com but they don't seem to make the inspiron
>>> 1150 anymore for some reason...
>>>
>>> -uplink

>> Go to Dell support and ent6er the service tag. You
>> can then get to all the info on your machine. Are you
>> real sure about the model? Dell doesn't list an 1150,
>> which is why using the service tag is best.
>> http://support.dell.com/support/inde...=us&l=en&s=dhs

Found it.
http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...0/en/index.htm