Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Intel Duo vs AMD x2 64

Intel Duo vs AMD x2 64

Mr-W

Hi

Whats the difference between Intels Duo and AMD X2 64

Im buying a laptop tomorrow and would like you guys opinions on it

Does the software make a difference WinXP 64 vs WinXP home

Any advice welcome

Keith

--

www.MatchmeUK.com
100% Free Dating UK

Rob

Price and speed, The Intel is more expensive and has less performance.

"Mr-W" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> Whats the difference between Intels Duo and AMD X2 64
>
> Im buying a laptop tomorrow and would like you guys opinions on it
>
> Does the software make a difference WinXP 64 vs WinXP home
>
> Any advice welcome
>
> Keith
>
> --
>
> www.MatchmeUK.com
> 100% Free Dating UK
> Why Pay?

nos1eep

"Rob" <(E-Mail Removed)>wrote :

|Price and speed, The Intel is more expensive and has less performance.

Intel has the 805 dual core for ~$130, it can be overclocked to ~4GHz.
I run an AMD X2 but the 805 is impressive.

bmoag

In laptops dual core processors are more of a marketing tool than a real
performance enhancement. In fact even though I have an extremely fast AMD
dual core desk top CPU I am not convinced it is any faster than a single
core machine because there is little software out there that uses both CPUs.
The best price/perfomance right now is the fastest Intel Mobile single core
processor you can afford with 1gb memory, latest Nvidia or ATI graphics
controller with 128mbs memory, and a 7200 rpm hard drive. The most difficult
thing to find is a laptop with the faster hard drive as most vendors only
offer 5400 rpm hard drives.

Mr-W

Thanks for the advice

As im hunting to buy a laptop, im going with a AMD for now

Alot of places ie. pcworld are selling 64bit cpu's but only supplying winzp
home, seems crazy to me

Just gunna buy a boxed standard amd laptop for now

Cheers all

Keith

--

www.MatchmeUK.com
100% Free Dating UK

"Mr-W" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> Whats the difference between Intels Duo and AMD X2 64
>
> Im buying a laptop tomorrow and would like you guys opinions on it
>
> Does the software make a difference WinXP 64 vs WinXP home
>
> Any advice welcome
>
> Keith
>
> --
>
> www.MatchmeUK.com
> 100% Free Dating UK
> Why Pay?

Bazzer Smith

"nos1eep" <*@mail.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Rob" <(E-Mail Removed)>wrote :
>
> |Price and speed, The Intel is more expensive and has less performance.
>
> Intel has the 805 dual core for ~$130, it can be overclocked to ~4GHz.
> I run an AMD X2 but the 805 is impressive.

And how long would his laptop battery last pumping out the heat
the overclocked intel would produce? Not very long IMO.

nos1eep

"Bazzer Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)>wrote :

|"nos1eep" <*@mail.com> wrote in message
|news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
|> "Rob" <(E-Mail Removed)>wrote :
|>
|> |Price and speed, The Intel is more expensive and has less performance.
|>
|> Intel has the 805 dual core for ~$130, it can be overclocked to ~4GHz.
|> I run an AMD X2 but the 805 is impressive.
|
|And how long would his laptop battery last pumping out the heat
|the overclocked intel would produce? Not very long IMO.

It would make a nice hand warmer.

Comparing Windows Vista (64-bit) on AMD Turion 64x2 and Intel Core 2 Duo RMZ Windows 64bit 2 02-07-2007 10:09 PM
MSI P965 Platinum Intel Core 2 Duo Motherboard Review Silverstrand Front Page News 0 12-05-2006 09:47 PM
Intel Duo? Andi Computer Support 2 11-10-2006 09:52 PM
Intel Core 2 Duo E6800 Silverstrand Front Page News 0 06-05-2006 02:04 AM
Mac Mini Intel Core Duo Upgrade Guide =?ISO-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane_Hennebert?= Computer Information 0 05-06-2006 01:40 PM

Advertisments